Act I, Scene 6

SCENE 6

(NOBARA slowly awakens, groaning as she lifts herself up and rolls into an upright position on the sofa.)

NOBARA

Ughhh...why does everything hurt so much...what happened?

(NOBARA rubs her head in pain.)

NOBARA

Wait a minute...Lucio's gone. I can't even feel his presence anymore. The air feels so much lighter now.

(NOBARA clutches at her chest, wincing.)

NOBARA

But still, it feels like something's missing. I feel like a part of me is gone, but I can't remember what it was...did it even exist at all?

NOBARA

Hang on a second...the computer!

(NOBARA rises to her feet and clumsily stumbles to the laptop at the desk, plopping in the chair and opening the laptop lid. She starts quickly clicking and typing.)

NOBARA

Lucio's information...it's all gone. I can't find Alver Bergman anymore. It was like he never existed to begin with. Everything that happened...was it all just a dream?

(Rising from her chair, NOBARA stands up with resolve.)

NOBARA

But if it wasn't a dream...that means a part of my soul was eaten by Lucio. He must have passed on to the afterlife by now. And as for me...I can't just sit around here and mope about it. I'm still alive, and I have to use the gift of life I was given to the fullest. I won't wear my crown of thorns anymore...it's my life, and I'm going to live it with whatever I have left!

(NOBARA picks up her school bag on the floor by the straps and races out the front door, exiting the stage.)

THE END