Chapter 23: Felix Madrigal

Felix paced around his brother in law's room. The information that had just been dumped into his brain didn't feel real. Mirabel Madrigal, his baby niece, was in the house. Mirabel was in the house. It's not like it could be a cruel joke, he saw her with his own eyes. Before everything faded to black...

"Did you seriously faint?" Bruno asked, still in disbelieve from Felix's account of "the breakfast incident."

"Yes, bro," Felix replied. "I'm sure." He sighed. Felix tried to understand. Understand how she was here, why she left, understand everything. But oh man, was it hard. "So, let me get this straight." Bruno nodded his head. "The kids brought her back," Bruno nodded. "Antonio told you." Bruno nodded. "You both told Agustin." Bruno nodded. "And Pepa and I saw her this morning?" Bruno nodded. Felix was silent for a moment. "Do you see anything wrong with that?"

"N-no..?" Bruno replied in confusion.

"Who told Julieta?" Felix asked.

"No one..."

"We just thought tha- Where are you going?" Felix had turned to open the door.

"To tell Julieta." He said in a "matter of fact" voice.

"What!" Bruno bolted to the door and held the golden knob shut. "You can't."

"Why?!"

"Look, Agustin is dealing with it, just leave it."

"I can't!" He took a breath. "It-it doesn't feel right."

"Felix-"

"BRU-Bruno-" Felix rubbed his temples and furrowed his brows, putting his hands in front of him to point something out. "That woman. My- our sister has a right to know her child is alive."

"I- I know but..." Bruno placed a hand on his brothers shoulder. "Just wait, she'll find out when Agustin tells her."

"Fine." Felix stated. "I'll just go make sure that he told her by now."

"Felix." Bruno said exasperated.

"Bruno, I can't just leave it. If-" he paused. "If it were me, I'd just want to know if my child was safe and alive. If it were Pepa in that state, I'd want her to know that our child is safe and alive. I just want to be sure she knows."

"I know Felix but it's not our place-" A scream through the house was heard. Felix and Bruno looked at the door and opened it, walking through the hall to find the origin.