chapter eighteen: glass eye ii.

only 4-5 chapters left :))

--

"where did you find the picture, though?" he asked.

"my dad said it was in our grandparents' house and thankfully, i live in there as of the moment. so i asked my grandma if she knew where it was, and she found it. i have no idea why it was there, though. my dad did mention my mom didn't want it near her," brett tear the envelope where he placed the class picture securely. meanwhile, eddy looked closer at what he was doing curiously. 

"you know my aunt charlotte, right? you've met her," brett threw the envelope aside and held the photo. 

"yeah. at the beach," eddy answered.

"hm well, it was inside her room. the creepy class picture," brett was reading something from inside of the envelope, a note that came with the class picture. eddy slowly reached for his eyepatch and took it off. he opened his eyes, it was clear that his eyes had different colors. one was a real eye with a dark red color and one was an artificial doll eye with a green color. 

he stared at the class picture, "can you tell in the picture just by looking at it who chen yomiyama is?"

"oh.. i can see that one person on the farthest corner at the right sort of looks strange, don't you think?"

"strange? like how is it strange for you?"

"strange like, you can see that he's kind of blurry compared to the others in the photo, somehow as if he was distorted. his smile is creepy too, it gives me chills," he brought the picture close so he could observe the person more.

"that's right, but what about the colors? did you notice anything strange about the colors of the person? or do you see any strange colors anywhere?"

brett shook his head, "not really... the photo is from a long time ago. i can't see any strange colors."

"alright. thank you," eddy quickly put the eyepatch back on to cover his artificial eye. there were other photos inside the envelope. he took another one of the photos, "these photos also belong to your mom?"

"yeah."

eddy pushed the other photos aside and looked at some of the childhood photos of brett's mom, "your mom and your aunt charlotte really looked alike. their faces look the same even as kids. if i didn't knew i would have thought they were twins except for the hairstyles."

he found another picture where charlotte was painting with petunia. "your aunt charlotte paints at home?"

brett smiled, "yeah. she told me it was her 'real job'. she seems to like painting and drawing things a lot."

with that topic, brett remembered the drawing eddy was finishing, "oh right, what happened to your angel drawing? i haven't seen you continuing it lately. you also mentioned there was a model, who was the model of your drawing?"

"i think it was...." he trailed off.

"was it your cousin eden?" the other finished the sentence for him.

"maybe..."

"the day we first met at the hospital, were you taking that doll you were holding to your cousin, eden?"

"did you think it was strange? i would say it's sort of complicated. i don't really enjoy talking about it," eddy admitted. he sat on the wooden chair facing his mirror.

"could you tell me?"

"well sure."

"my mother, whom you already knew, marcie bertie. her real name is farhana, and eden's mother's name is farlana. they're twins, almost identical with each other. when the both of them grew up and became adults, they both got married and farlana became a mother shortly."