chapter fourteen: sphere joint ii.

brett is walking at the hallways of the school. quiet, and peaceful. however, the color of the surroundings we're in red, he didn't know why. he figured it might be because of the sun's position or whatsoever. he was walking by himself, all quiet and good. he stopped when he heard eddy's voice behind him.

"who's dead?"

he frowned as he faced eddy. he looked everywhere, his dead classmates surrounding him. as well as the other who's still alive. "who's dead?"

brett opened the door to their classroom. as soon as he did, all eyes were on him not saying a thing. staring at him as if he was a ghost. as if he was the extra student. he can't breathe and he was pressured about the situation. he struggled to breathe. "who's dead?"

he looked at his classmates' again and noticed their eyes popping out and blood dripping from their faces. their whole figure melting like an ice cream under the heat. brett flinched, he felt like he was suffocating. he ran at the hallways, no one there. no one can hear him. he bumped into someone, eddy.

he walked towards him, and leaned closer. "the dead one....is you. you're the extra, brett," he whispered to brett. brett's eyes widened. "m-me? there's no way... right? it couldn't have been me..."

he touched his face, he was melting, as well. he screamed in pain as he can feel his whole body melting and disappearing. beginning to turn liquid.

he woke up from a deep slumber, gasping for air. he looked around, he's at his bedroom. oh it was a dream... he sighed in relief. he was startled when his phone started ringing. he looked at it, it was at his desk. he stood up to answer the call.

Upcoming call: Dad

"hello." he put the cell near his ear.

"i swear india just gets hotter and hotter!" his father screamed at him. he yanked the phone away from his ear. "how've you been, kiddo?"

he smiled. "fine, i guess," he pulled the chair out and sat on it. he talked to his father on the phone. he asked him about school, about his classmates, about his grandma, grandpa and aunt. brett frowned as he remembered something. "hey, dad."

"have you ever seen mom's photos from junior high?"

"photos? i'm pretty sure she showed me her graduation album when we got engaged."

"any others? like, have you seen the group photo her class took after their graduation ceremony?"

"group photo? why do you ask?" the phone started making incoherent noises because of the bad signal.

"well i've heard that it was kinda weird. like, a ghost photo."

"where did you hear silly story like that? for one thing, ghosts are just-"

"well it's just....."

"oh actually, now that you mentioned it, i might've heard a story like that, years ago. something about a creepy photo."

"did you see it?"

"nope. she didn't like having it near her so she left it at her parents' place."

brett gasped, "at her parents' place?!"

"oi brett, something going on in there?"

brett calmed down, "no...nothing. i'm just kinda bored..."

"ah...you know, petunia was a very special lady. my feelings for her haven't changed a bit. and that's why you're my-"

"okay, okay i get it i get it! later." he ended the call before his father would tell him a whole novel about their love story. brett sighed in relief.