chapter ten: build limbs ii.

brett walking upstairs, heading to his class. he met ms. francene, but she only looked straightly to the direction she was heading to.

"good morning, you're early today," brett greeted her. but she completely ignored him and walked downstairs as if she just saw air and nobody. brett furrowed his eyebrows? mhm, why so? strange.

June 5 (Friday)

they all heard the bell rang, means, the class will start now. brett opened the door and saw corine and caelan standing in front of the class. looks like they're having some sort of another meeting going on. brett walked towards his seat and glanced at everyone.

"that's it. any other.....no, forget it," caelan shook his head and stopped his sentence when he saw brett inside the classroom.

brett tapped the guy's shoulder in front of him but he didn't faced him nor at least a hum in response. "did something happened this morning?" he asked, brett yanked away his hand when he got no answer. it was as if brett had never existed in here. he was so puzzled. caelan and corine went back on their proper seats.

"let's pray that the soul of our classmate, dan, may rest in peace," mr. cordell shaun walked in front of them. with arms on his back, "many sad events have transpired, but do not lose heart and do not give up. we'll get through this together. remember to uphold the class rules at all times."

brett titled his head in confusion, looks like mr. cordell was talking to him, honestly.

"ms. francene is in a difficult position, but she has agreed to cooperate to the best of her ability. does everyone understand?" everyone nodded. and brett felt like the walls around him tightened even more and suffocated him inside of that classroom, telling him that he doesn't belong in there, telling him that he would be in a bad shape pretty soon, telling him that he was currently out of place.

at break time, he will surely try and talk to orville.

the bell rang quicker than he had expected. he looked at the clock then faced orville beside him. they're practically just seatmates, though.

"hey!" brett smiled. orville panicked and shook his own head, he stood up and ran away from brett. he went outside of the classroom.

what in the world is going on in here?

he tried calling the guy in front of his seat as well but he just ignored him and continued eating his snack. brett breathed carefully, "what's going on here?" he mumbled to himself. he became even more confused when his other classmates refused to look at him, it was not them. that is not them.... he stood up from his chair and dialed someone on his phone.

'the customer you are trying to reach currently has their phone off or is out of the service area'

he pressed the off button of his phone as soon as he saw lucas staring at the floor, looking like he was depressed.

"hey? listen...."

lucas did not stopped walking, "sorry but i can't," he whispered to brett before walking away. brett crossed his arms.

-------

Figures of Speech:

Simile, Metaphor, Personification

"the rumor walks alone. here, we see something that is not a human, being expressed as displaying human behavior. this is known as personification," mr. cordell was reading from a book for the class.

brett stood up with a loud sound and it made everyone flinch. he walked towards the door on his way out and he peeked, no one really seemed to even care about his own actions, huh. mr. cordell just still talked and did not stop or at least pause. normally, he could've have asked brett where is he going.