chapter eight: put flesh ii.

WARNING! Mention of blood and death scene descriptions (Minor character death)

...

brett yang stared at the now familiar building.

The Hollow Eyes of Yomi at Twilight

brett carefully looked at the sign, it was familiar to him, obviously but he could not still comprehend the meaning behind those words. he was startled when a middle-aged woman with a ponytail, that has blue ribbons stared at him strangely, strangely pissed or mad. the woman walked upstairs, now ignoring the presence of brett in there.

the bells rang as soon as he opened the entrance door. he was welcomed by different variety of dolls again at this store. the vendor that was also familiar to him looks a bit busy with some kind of papers in front of her desk. she also looked like someone's grandma or aunt, but brett was already familiar with her.

"welcome. my, it's unusual to see a boy your age here. are you a customer or perhaps....."

brett walked towards her, and just stood there, he already knows this introduction the first time he went there. she doesn't remember him? he already came there, though.

"hello."

"are you a junior high school student? in that case, i'll give you half price."

"okay."

"please take your time looking around. i have no other customers."

that sentence again caught brett's attention, he squinted slightly.

he can hear his own footsteps clomping and thudding on the floor, the familiar dolls all around the store surrounded him. he went down at the basement where he knew eddy could have been. he walked straightly towards the doll that looked exactly like eddy. brett's eyes widened when he saw eddy coming out of the black curtains behind the doll he was just looking at.

"fancy meeting you here again," eddy mumbled. brett was awfully quiet, "what brings you here today?"

he swallowed hard, "I was on my way home from the hospital, and I just happened to walk by," he answered nervously. "what about you? didn't you go to school?"

eddy simply shook his head, "I only go when I feel like it, it's not like they'll scold me or anything. are you alright?" eddy answered with a slight frown.

"I guess so, I won't have to be re-admitted. how's the class doing since, you know, the accident?"

"they're all terrified. they think it's begun because of kristia's death."

"what has?"

eddy walked away from him, "deep inside, they may have only half-believed it before, but now, despite what they said to you, I don't think they fully believed," he explained, glancing at the immense collection of dolls.

eddy turned his head to face brett, his red whirlpool orb glistened for a moment, "but it looks like it is really true....I'd say it's 100% likely that it's already begun."

"you still don't know?" eddy asked with a deep quiet voice.

brett didn't answer. he nodded, "all the better. it might be best for you to never find out. once you do....."

"please tell me what happened to class 3!" brett demanded, not really sounding angry about it but there's a hint of desperation.

eddy was still calm even after brett's shout, "are you going back to school?" he asked, ignoring brett's demand.

brett sighed and nodded, "yeah, tomorrow."

"then, I probably shouldn't show up," eddy answered simply while walking towards the doll that looked exactly like him.