Chapter 3

Forest felt her ears perk. "My father?" Forest asked again hoping she had just misheard her mother. "Yes, that was your father. He was a good fox, until he killed my family. my brother RedWood was killed protecting you and me. My sister Amber was the first to be killed. And my parents—" she stoped and looked like she was going to explode into tears.

     "He tried to kill you many times, and he hated me for stoping him. The sunset I found this den he found me again, he said the next time he saw me I wasn't the only one getting punished. After today though I don't think he will ever hurt another living soul again." Ruby was shaking badly now and Forest could tell she didn't like speaking of her past.

     "Do not ever leave this den without telling me. Do you understand?" Ruby said in a worried voice. "I understand.." Forest replied sadly. Ruby layed down and Forest walked over to the den opening staring out into the forest wondering why her father would do such a thing, why he would murder his mates family and then try to murder her and his pup.

     But whatever the reason was, Forest did not want to know. She lay down and put her paws over her head. She wished she could just burry herself and never come out. She hated the thought of her father killing her mother's family, her family.

She couldn't believe her father had tried to murder her. Forest felt like a wolf came and ripped out her heart. She wished that she never knew that horrible truth.

Forest sighed and looked at her mother. She felt her stomach growl, reminding her even more of what her mother told her. She looked back at her mother again and quietly got up. She silently slipped out of the cool damp den and hurried outside in search of prey.

"I hope mother doesn't notice." She mumbled under her breath as she continued along a trail made by rabbits stopping every now and then to sniff in a rabbit hole. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a dark brown rabbit coming out of its den. Forest ran into the bushes hoping it hadn't seen her. She got into a hunting crouch as she slowly approached the rabbit careful to stay downwind

She felt the cold rocky ground along her belly as she got lower and closer to the rabbit. She could almost taste the rabbit as she got ready to pounce. Forest sprang at the rabbit sending it running back to its den but she quickly cut it off and pounced in it killing it in one strong bite to the neck. She picked up her great kill triumphantly and sprinted back to the den. When she got to the den she sighed in relief as she saw her mother was still sleeping.

She dropped her rabbit and went to nudge her mother awake. "Mother? I caught a rabbit for me and you to share." Ruby grumbled and looked up at forest as she went over to get the rabbit. She and her mother shared the rabbit without a word happy she had something to fill her stomach with.

When they were done ruby went back to sleep and forest tried to do the same. She couldn't stop thinking about her father no matter how hard she tried. She sighed and lay her head down falling into a uneasy sleep.

Creatures of Rose Forest (Quit)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें