Chapter 5

Forest ran as fast as she could. The frozen and cold snowflakes falling on her pelt sending chills along her spine. She kept her grip on her prey, still running at full speed she jumped over logs and dodged as much snow as possible. When she got to the den she darted into it accidentally running into her mother. Ruby jumped back startled.

     "Mother!" Forest said trying to catch her breath. "IceLeaf— has— started!" She said breathing heavily. "Oh," Ruby said walking over to look outside.

     "I suppose it has." She went back to the back of the den, curling her warm fluffy tail around her paws. Forest gazed outside wondering if she could survive this IceLeaf. 𝑆𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡,𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑎𝑚, 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜.she thought while padding to the back of the den with ruby.

     Forest lay down her, back pressing to her mothers warm pelt. she closed her eyes and her last thought before falling asleep was: 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡?

     Forest woke up to the sounds of snow falling off trees she couldn't see anything it was pitch black in the den, all light was absorbed by the darkness except for a slight light at the mouth of the cave. She saw Ruby digging furiously at the small entrance to their den. She yawned and got up, walking over to where her mother was digging.

     "What happened?"she asked sleepily. "The snow, the snow happened."she said as though it was obvious. Forest dug her paws into the cold snow flinching back immediately as the cold sent shivers along her spine.

     She eyed at the cold, wet, and frozen snow, as though she could melt it by staring at it. Digging her paws in once more she scrabbled at the Snow then letting her paws thaw every now and then when they became numb. Eventually she could see a small flicker of light coming from outside and she dug harder, faster, and fiercer.

     The snow dropped away immediately and she had to jump back to avoid getting covered. 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑓 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝐼𝑐𝑒𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑓 𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠.Forest thought nervously. To forest's surprise everything was white. "whoa..."

     "This is what every IceLeaf is like." Ruby announced "Sometimes even worse." Forest slowly walked out of the den a little while later, trying to avoid any large patches of snow.

SORRY EVERYONE BUT IM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE THIS BOOK, I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO'S READ IT AND I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!