The Story Of Us

Maria Victoria Irene is a 29 year old doctor. She always dreamed to be one someday and finally, she's now a doctor.

They are a family of doctors and they owned a hospital. She's a doctor for children, magmula noong teenage years ni Irene ay mahilig na talaga siya sa bata kaya yon ang napili niyang kunin.

One beautiful afternoon, she's in her clinic and isa nalang ang natitira na kailangan niyang i check up for today. "Mysa, is she the last one?" Irene asked her assistant, "Yes, dra Marcos" she said while nodding her head.

Irene signaled Mysa and she nodded, she went outside to give them privacy.

"Hello little girl, what's your name?" Irene asked, alam naman na niya ang pangalan ng bata pero gusto niyang magkaroon ng connection sa mga ito para hindi sila mahirapan.

"My name is Mavwen pwo" The little girl said "She's Maven" The man beside the girl said. Irene nodded. "Ah so Maven pala ang pangalan ng magandang batang nasa harapan ko" She said as she smiled at her.

They continued the check up, the guardian of the child and Irene went outside the room to talk about Maven's condition.

"I saw some symptoms of Leukemia, mr?" Irene said as she raised her two eyebrows, waiting for him to answer "Araneta, Greggy Araneta" He said, Irene nodded. "Like what I've said I saw some symptoms of Leukemia Mr Araneta" Irene repeated but now, she has the name of the person that she's talking to.

"We have to run some tests and check if I'm right, I hope I'm not," Irene added. "Do anything dra. Marcos. Do anything for my niece" Greggy said softly. "Of course, I will do anything that I can but now let us know kung tama ba ang hinala ko." She uttered.

Weeks passed by, They already knew the result 3 weeks ago. Irene was right, Maven was diagnosed with Leukemia. At the age of 5, she's already experiencing that kind of sickness.

Twice a week silang pumupunta ng hospital, si Greggy lagi ang kasama ni Maven kaya naging close na din ang dalawa sa isa't isa.

"Are you free later?" Greggy asked "Uhm yeah yeah" Irene answered and it brighten the smile of Greggy "Okay I'll be back here later to fetch you" Greggy said and winked, Irene blushed when Greggy winked at her, she tried to hide it but she can't mashado siyang kinilig sa ginawa ni Greggy.

Greggy left the room because he need to make hatid kay Maven sa bahay ng kapatid niya. Day by day, lumalala ng lumalala ang sitwasyon ni Maven.

It's already 5:00 in the afternoon when Greggy arrived at the hospital. He then knocked at the door of Irene, "Come in" He heard from the inside.

He then turned the door knob and went inside. "Are you ready dra?" He asked, softly. "Yes I am," Irene chuckled.

Kinuha ni Greggy ang gamit ni Irene at siya ang humawak ng mga yon hanggang sa makarating sila sa kotse. Binuksan ni Greggy ang door ng passenger seat, pumasok naman si Irene. "Thanks" he nodded. Umikot naman siya para ang sarili naman niya ang mapagbuksan niya. Siya na din ang nag drive.

"Where are we going?" Irene asked "hmm, in my favorite place?" He said unsure. "Okay then" Irene said before she smiled.

Greggy and Irene went to a Shawarma store beside the road. "Is this your---" Before Irene ended her statement Greggy suddenly answered "Yes" he said. Irene just nodded her head.

"Is this your first time eating shawarma?" Greggy asked to break the silence between them. "Yeah, I think so," Irene answered and smiled. "Well mukhang hindi ito ang magiging last mo, let's see mamaya" Greggy confidently said as he smirked, Irene just rolled her eyes.