Greatest What If 2

'Do you know his reason?'

"I don't and I don't want to know it anyway"

'Why?'

"What for? Whatever his reason is, I don't care. He knew that I didn't want that work for him but he still chose to be one"

'What if–'

"Enough with those what ifs. I have to go, I still need to get some more evidences against that brat"

'Okay fine. You take care, Riny, okay?'

"Okay. Thank you"

Irene left her best friend's house already and she went to the crime scene to find more concrete evidence against the child of the powerful politician.

When she arrived, she saw a man whose eyes were roaming around.

"Excuse me?" Irene called his attention. His back was facing her so she couldn't identify him.

The man turned around, it was her cousin, Dion. He is one of the investigators of the case.

"Oh, Dion, it is you pala" Irene said as she released a sigh of relief.

"Yeah.. I was just checking if there still is any possible evidence that we could use against him. Is your reason the same as mine?" Dion conveyed. Irene just nodded her head.

They were inside an undone building. The crime happened on September 9, 2016. It was raining, there were no witnesses. The child was walking, on her way home. The guy approached him and asked for a favor but since it's already five in the afternoon, the victim said she can't do the favor.

The victim was about to continue her walk when the guy dragged him into the building.

"Help me!" The child cried for help but there weren't any people in the place

He raped her and after that, the suspect slapped the child multiple times until she totally lost her consciousness and after that, he threw a stone on the child's head causing her death.

They identified the suspect because of the fingerprints that were seen on the rock.

But that evidence wasn't enough because the suspect reasoned out that he was drunk at that time and he went to that building to pee. Like what I've said, there were no witnesses or wala lang gustong umamin na nakita niya o nila ang nangyari.

"I'll go there" I said and walked out of the crime scene.

"Don't touch anything, Irene" He reminded but I just ignored it. Alam ko naman ang dapat at hindi dapat gawin.

As I was roaming around, I found a cctv camera sa harap ng maindoor ng building.

"Dion? Come here, bilis" I conveyed. He ran towards me

"Why? Have you found something?" He asked, I nodded my head.

"Is this working?" I asked as well, I pointed my fingers at the camera above us.

"I think so. Come on, let's go to the barangay hall" He answered.

"Tara," I said.

We both used our own cars and we went to the barangay hall right away.

"Excuse me, can we ask?" I said respectfully at the girl na nakaupo sa table ng captain. I didn't assume na siya yung kapitan dito because the name in front of us ay pang lalaki.

"Ano yon" She answered, left eyebrow raised. Aba

"Is the CCTV in front of the crime scene working?" I asked again, trying to control my temper.