Greatest What If

(Chapter 1)

'For you, what is love?'

"Love? For me, love is our sweetest enemy. Because when you're in love, you will feel like you are on cloud nine but, the storm may come. When you love someone, expect that you will be hurt."

'Are you single? Are you in love?'

"I'm single and I would never fall in love with someone"

'Were you in a relationship before or have you ever been in love?'

"Is it really necessary to answer that question?"

'Yes, ma'am'

"Then yes, I was. And it will never happen again... for the rest of my life"

'Who was it? He was so lucky that you were his girlfriend kaso, sinayang'

"I won't mention his name but he was my college classmate."

'So it's been a long time na pala!'

"Yeah, almost ten years, I think"

'If ever you two will meet again, what will you say to him?'

"Uhm– Hi? Thank you for believing in me. I did it... but not with you"

'Omg! So kilig! But it is masakit at the same time! Thank you, prosecutor, for patiently answering our questions.'

"Thank you, too."

———

(Chapter 2)

"Riny!" someone called my name, I turned around and I saw my best friend. My only friend, Geo.

"Yes? Do you need something?" I asked him. He looked into my eyes and I caught it.

"Ah, none naman. Are you going home na?" He blinked fast as he stated his words.

"No, I will go pa sa mall. I'll buy mommy a gift" I answered him. He nodded his head.

"Can I go with you? "

"Come with me"

We both conveyed at the same time.

"Let's go na. Are you using your car?" He asked me. He took my bag and put it on his shoulder.

"Akin na 'yan. Yes, I'm using my car naman, why? Aren't you using yours?" I said and asked Geo, and he doesn't want to give back my bag.

"I'm using it as well. See you na lang sa parking. I'll go first para you have a company already when you arrive" He said. I just nodded my head and hopped in my car. I waited for him to go.

We are both in first-year college and taking political science as our pre-law course and hopefully, we can survive this.

Geo is my childhood friend. Their family is one of our family friends that is why bata pa lang kami ay close na.

I can still remember our wedding when I was just eight years old and he was ten.

After almost thirty minutes, we arrived at the mall. We parked our cars and we went inside.

I decided to buy mommy a pair of shoes because why not? She loves shoes very much.

"Ah, Geo? Come with me na din sa house ha? Doon ka na mag dinner, tita and tito will be there also" I suddenly said to him

"Okay, Riny. Give me that paper bag, let's go home?" He said and I gave him the shopping bags. I nodded my head and we both walked out of the mall.

———