Scars of Yesterday

No matter how we love, it will always be painful. Not because we are doing it wrong, not because we are doing it right, not because the time is wrong, not because we have the most perfect time, but because we love.

I have dug much deeper for myself to find my soul, I have done so much to get myself out of the dark, I fought so hard to be where I am today, and I will never let myself go back to what buried me, to what buried my soul, to who buried my heart. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO WHO BURIED MY HEART.

...

Ten years ago...

Irene's POV

I am inside our bathroom, it's just 6:00 a.m. and my hands are shaking while I am waiting for the result of my pregnancy test. I hope this time, it will be positive. I was walking back and forth before I checked it again and my tears fell down when I saw the two red lines.

I immediately went out of the bathroom and I woke Greggy up.

"Hon, please gising ka muna. I have something to show you." I said.

"What is it, love?"

I showed him the PT, I saw his tears fall down to his face. He slowly looked at me, "Is this true? We're having our first baby na, love love?" I nodded my head.

"Thank you for this gift, mommy. I love you"

"I love you even more, dada," I said before I gave him a peck on his lips.

"Happy birthday, daddy! Love you Love you! And he then hugged me.

"Let's go to hospital muna, mommy ha. Tapos we'll go wherever you want after. Thank you talaga Love for giving me this cute baby. I couldn't ask for more. You two are more than enough. I love you, every day of this lifetime." Greggy uttered.

"Me too" I kissed him again.

Greggy and I have been married for almost five years already and I am lucky enough because Greggy didn't look for another woman who can be impregnated easily. I'm lucky enough because he stayed with me.

I lost count of how many times I get negative results on every pregnancy test I have used before. We tried our best and it finally came.

We just got out of the hospital and the doctor said that my pregnancy is seriously delicate so I have to take care of myself twice as hard.

...

Greggy took two months ' leave from work because he said he had to make sure that I was safe for the first trimester. Usually three and a half months is still the first trimester but Greggy cannot be gone that long because the company still needs him. Kawawa naman ang mga maiiwan niya. I will be spending one and a half month with mommy in San Juan kasi ayaw naman ni Greggy na ako lang maiwan dito mag-isa. He will just be visiting me there from time to time.

I'm on my second month na and next week, uuwi na ako sa mommy ko.

"Are you sure, love?" I asked him again if he was sure about letting me go.

"Yes, baby. It's for your own and our baby's good din naman. I will be okay here, vivisit naman ako sa'yo palagi kapag hindi ako busy. I will make sure of that, love. " He insisted.

My things are ready, today is Saturday, and on Monday na ako aalis dito.

"Daddy, I don't want to go kasi. I'd always like to be with you" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Mommy, you will just stay there for a month. Sige naman na... huwag na ikaw makulit kasi nasstress ka pa. That's not good for the baby, she or he will be hurt niyan. Instead of making pilit pa yung gusto mo, rest ka na lang muna. I'll cook for you kasi baka nagugutom na rin ang anak ko, kawawa naman." He said calmly.