꧁ 𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

__________________

Chapter Eight: __________________

Chapter Eight:
__________________

"Don't trust anyone, they're never what they seem" is what Negan always told karma. He would remind him constantly that he was the only one the younger boy could trust. But now that Karmas eyes have been opened to new people and new Ideas. He's starting to believe that maybe he was wrong. Maybe Karma can learn to trust those around him.

The teen woke up a bit later than he normally does. Only about an hour, but still, later. The couch he slept on last night was insanely comfortable compared to the cot he had been sleeping on.

When he finally did wake up, he noticed an outfit folded on the end of the couch. A blue flannel and some dark jeans. Karma smiled lightly, changing quickly in the living room, hoping no one walked in.

Luckily no one did, but Rick walked down the stairs soon after he finished, His boots clicking down the stairs as he walked. He threw a small wave towards the teen, which he returned with a soft, but kinda awkward smile.

"The camps pretty flooded, so you get the day off," Rick states, walking towards the coffee pot, and pouring himself a cup. Karma nodded, reaching over to tie his boots. "It shouldn't take too long, maybe a couple of days. you'll be back to work in no time," He added, leaning against the counter as Carl walked down the stairs, his boots copying the noise ricks made.

"Good," Karma mumbled. Carl walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"What's good?" Carl asked, pulling out two bottles of orange juice, cracking one open for himself, and handing the second one to Karma.

"Quite a bit of spot are flooded in the camp. It shouldn't take too long to drain though," Rick repeats to his son, sipping his mug again. Carl sits next to Karma with a huff,

"Aww man, I was hoping to get the week off," Carl says sarcastically. Rick smiles and walks over, fluffing carls hair with his hands. Karma wonders if it's as soft as it looks.

"You don't even work dork," The Sheriff jokes, walking back up the stairs, his shoes clicking once more.

A comfortable silence falls between the teenagers. Karma leans his head back, looking up to the ceiling.

"Are you sure you guys are okay with me staying here? I don't wanna be a bother." Karma asks, his eyes glued to the ceiling. Carl turns to him with a frown,

"We're sure. Plus's, what were we supposed to do? leave you to drown?" Carl jokes, resting his head back with Karmas. The other teen frowns,