Episode 2 - Escape from the City

Here's the next chapter, enjoy!

Sonic watched as several humans dressed in black uniforms with black peaked caps and small gold-colored badges shaped like shields. One per human and each one had *Police Officer* on the front. Then a skinny police officer said, "What is that thing?"

A tall officer then answered, "Looks like a big hedgehog."

An obese officer replied, "A blue hedgehog? Since when are hedgehogs blue, stand on two feet, or wear clothes?"

An officer with *Sergeant* on his badge stated. "Well, whatever it is, we better get it out of here. Hey, buddy. Wanna ride with us down to the station?" The Sergeant then tried to grab Sonic but the blue blur stepped back from him.

"Should I call for backup?" The skinny officer asked.

The obese office then said, "I have three kitty cats at home. I think I can handle this little fella." The officer then imitated kissing noises like ones used to attract a cat.

Sonic, unamused, crossed his arms and thought, 'I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.'

The tall officer then chuckled, "Did you see that? That thing's got an attitude. A bad one."

The skinny officer then replied, "Yeah? Well he won't get away from me!" the officer tries to jump at Sonic and grab him but Sonic easily avoids him. "Huh? Why you little!"

"Take it easy. I think we can handle this without getting rough." The sergeant stated.

"Yeah, but sarge..." The skinny officer muttered.

The sergeant pointed at the obese officer and ordered, "Duffy, get behind him."

"Right sarge," Duffy said, moving behind Sonic, who glanced back at him.

The other officers get in position and the sergeant says, "Okay, now when I say the word, we're all going to jump into him at once. Alright then, is everyone ready? LET'S DO IT!"

The officers then all leap at Sonic at once, somehow kicking up dust on a concrete road.

"Okay Sarge, I think I got its leg!"

"I got him 'round its neck, sarge!"

"Alright, let's put him out at the count to three. One. Two. Three!"

When the police officers pull, they all realize that they grabbed onto one another and pull each other around. "Whoaaa!"

Sonic, now sitting on the roof of a nearby car, shrugs watching their failed attempt to catch him. "Mm." Sonic state.

"I got you now!" An officer that just got to the area yelled, leaping at Sonic with a net. Instead what he caught was the sergeant. "Huh?! How Dod-?!"

"OfficerNickolauss... Get this net off my head..." The Sergeant ordered with an annoyed look. Then the officers looked at Sonic, who was on the other side of the intersection.

'I don't have time for this. I got to find the others.' Sonic thought he then waved the officers goodbye before running away.

The Sargeant then yelled, "Get in your cars! We got a runner!"

****

Sonic was now fleeing from the police, who were chasing them in their cars. 'This is getting boring... I wonder if they have a helicopter? Or a tank? Or even a giant robot with them? I'm sure they must have something that can catch something as fast as me, or at least try to.' Sonic thought to himself as he continue to run. Then a thought came to his head, 'Amy and Cream might be in trouble. Knuckles might be causing trouble. Tails is probably fine.'