Episode 5: Hard-hitting Knuckles

Thx to ECHO-173 for this help in making this chapter. Also, god damn, Watpad has been crashing like a mf on me. Please enjoy.

In Station Square, it had been a few days since everyone had arrived on Earth, with Knuckles standing in an alleyway in the dead of night with a newspaper blown by the wind landing on his leg. He picked up the paper and read it as it talked about Sonic. "Hmm, someone might be enjoying themselves."

Knuckles then heard footsteps approaching and turned to see Dr. Eggman walking towards him, alone. Knuckles then tosses the paper aside and turns to his enemy. "Eggman! Bold of you to show your face since you Chaos not-so-control sent us to this place! Give me one reason not to punch you hard enough there'll be an imprint on your skull!"

Eggman didn't answer, he quivered for a second before getting on his knees and bowed down crying. "AH! Knuckles please understand--" Eggman didn't even finish before Knuckles stepped on their head. "OW! MY NOSE!"

"What are you crying about? This is all your fault." Knuckles said as he added more force. "Fool me once, Shame on me. Fool me twice... YOU AIN'T GETTING TO TWICE!!!"

Suddenly, Eggman's four robots leap in to help the doctor, "We'll save you Dr. Egg-" Knuckles ties Orbot and Cubot in Docoe's and Becoe's limps and tosses them aside. "We've immediately failed you!"

Knuckles pops his knuckles and roars, "Time to break an Egg!!"

Eggman screamed as he shouted, "Sonic is the reason we are here!!"

Knuckles stopped his fist just before it caved in Eggman's head, "Explain!" He demanded.

"It isn't entirely my fault, it was Sonic's too!" Eggman said with Knuckles moving his foot away and allowing Eggman to get back up. "Listen, I was wrong for kidnapping Cream but Sonic was moving around with everything happening. He made my machine malfunction and caused the Chaos energy to send us here. If you help me I can get us home, I know you want that more than anything!"

Knuckles grabbed Eggman's mustache and pulled him up. "Even if that is true. Why would I work with you?"

"Because it was my machine that brought you here, was it not?" Eggman said to Knuckles who deep down knew what he was talking about. "Help me stop Sonic then we can collect the Chaos Emeralds and return home, please Knuckles I don't want to be stuck here forever and know neither do you too!" Eggman pleaded, everything he said wasn't wrong.

"Alright Eggman, I'll help you but you need to remember not to harm my friends." Knuckles said it was a clear threat and Eggman kept his head low.

"Of course, I know." Eggman said, hiding a grin.

*****

At our heroes' home base, a group of men were unloading several things of furniture. Chris pulled out his debit card as they finished. "Alright, kid. Just pay and sign here."

"Thank you sir."

"Hey, aren't you a bit young to be buying all this furniture in abandoned airport?" One of the movers asked.

"Aren't you a bit old to ask questions that might cost you a $25 tip?" Chris responded.

"I'll shut up now."

As Chris paid for the furniture. Sonic's voice came shouting through the walls of the building, "I need to speed! Let me out!"

Followed by Amy voice replaying/yelling, "Sonic, they'll be done in a minute! Just sit and wait! They'll be done in a second and you can go outside!"

Tails then interjected, "He's Spin Dashing! Cream, get the rope!" Followed soon by the sounds of several bits of metal

"What was-" The man was interrupted by the sounds of Chris paying for the furniture a second time.