Chapter 11 : There's A Way (2)

Alberu entered the guests room and saw three royals of the ocean was sitting on the couch while another whale beastman was standing behind them.

Cale was hiding unnoticed inside Alberu's large pocket and the invisible Raon was naturally with them.

"Thank you for deciding to spend some of your precious time for our meeting, Your Highness."

"It's fine, Your Majesty. I didn't expect to see the former King of the ocean here too."

Alberu really didn't expect that Witira would bring Shickler, Paseton and Archie to the meeting.

Witira had asked formally if Alberu could arrange some time for a meeting with her.

She is now the Queen of the ocean and he wondered what are they going to discuss about.

No, the way the Queen had asked him before was more like a request.

Witira and Paseton smiled towards the Crown Prince of Roan Kingdom who was guarded with royal knights behind him as he walked towards the couch.

Their smiles were identical to Shickler's smile.

Alberu also smiled elegantly as he sat on the couch across the whales.

He noticed Witira's eyes were looking back and forth between the two royal knights behind him.

"...You two can go out now."

Alberu gestured his hand to let the knights know that it's fine.

"Yes, Your Highness."

The two knights bowed respectfully before went out of the room and guarded the outside of the guest room.

Alberu glanced at the closed door and turned his head back towards the whales as he smiled.

Witira smiled back at him.

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"What private matter are you going to discuss with me today, Your Majesty?"

"It's not really a private matter. I just wonder if Roan Kingdom has laws that forbid royals or high nobles from other kingdom to come and stay here for a long period of time."

"Pardon?"

Alberu blinked his eyes a few times at Witira's questions.

He didn't expect her to ask him that kind of question all of sudden.

However, he still answered her questions truthfully.

"Roan Kingdom does not allow royalty or nobles from other kingdoms to live here formally in a long period of time."

"... However, in a case where the royals from another kingdom want to form a good relationship by marrying their princess or other high nobles to the nobles or royals in Roan Kingdom, only the one who will be marrying and their special maid will be allowed to stay here."

(I'm not really sure but most of the historical manhwas and novels that I read are like this.😅)

"There are more laws about this but I wish to know the reason why you ask for this question first."

Alberu crossed his leg and his eyes slightly glanced downward towards Cale who was hiding in his pocket.

They then made eye contact for a second.

'What?'

Cale frowned but Alberu quickly turned his gazed back towards Witira as he smiled.

"Yes. Well, my father and brother are planning to live in land so I hope that the Roan Kingdom will allow them to reside here without the folks feeling threatened or scared by the whale tribes."