Stray Kids

Kimmy groaned when garbage fell from her locker again. It's her 8th day of school and she always finds garbage in her locker. This time there's also dirt in her locker. She took a deep breath and cleaned her stuff from the dirt. Yesterday someone poured a milk over her head from the second floor. Someone stole her clothes when she's taking a shower after gym. This is getting more and more ridiculous.

"Again? Again? Do you guys really want me to kill you all?" Kimmy turned away when she heard Hyunjin's voice. Students around them are walking away leaving them, no one wants to deal with Hyunjin.

Kimmy snorted and leaned on the lockers "No one's gonna pop out of nowhere and be like 'i did that to Kimmy' you know" Hyunjin look at the dirt inside her locker and cleaned it angrily. She sighs and pats Hyunjin's arms. "There there. I should be the one who's mad, not you" Hyunjin stops cleaning and approaching Kimmy, standing in front of her, he puts his arm on the locker beside her shoulders, trapping her in between. Kimmy's eyes rounded and she looked away when Hyunjin's face came closer to hers.

"No one messes with my girl. You hear that?" Kimmy looked at him and frowned "but I'm not your girl"

Hyunjin smirked and his mouth was close to her ears, "oh you are. Since you yelled at me at the market" he whispered sending chills through her body.

Kimmy pushed Hyunjin's chest trying to calm down. She can feel her cheeks growing hot. She closes her locker, grabs her bag and walks away, practically running from Hyunjin. She's going out of the building and walking to the back area. There's a big tree with old swings, it doesn't look safe at all. She sits under the tree, leaning on the tree. She closes her eyes feeling the warmth from the sun. This is relaxing, and this is exactly what Kinmy needs.

***

Kimmy walks out of her school and stops by the coffeeshop across the street. She ordered her favorite matcha latte and laughed when she saw Stray kids waving towards her from outside the coffeeshop windows. She took her order and walked out of the store, "what are you guys doing?"

"Come with us, we're going to the arcade and going to our favorite pizza place" Seungmin invites her and the other looking at her with puppy eyes, except Hyunjin who stared at her, looking really bored.

"Hmm, I don't know.." Hyunjin rolled his eyes and held her hand, practically dragging her. "Come on, she's coming with us" the boys cheered while Kimmy kicked Hyunjin's leg, trying to let go of her hand. But she gave up since he didn't intend to let go.

They got into the bus and sat in the back, she sat near the window beside Hyunjin.
Hyunjin glances at her texting her mother saying she's out with friends then putting an airpod into her ears and playing a song on her phone. Kimmy turns and blinks her eyes staring at Hyunjin, "what?" He asked. Kimmy rolled her eyes, he's the one who stared and he asked her what? She offered one of her airpods and he took it. The music plays and she's staring out the window, while Hyunjin stares at her.

He's trying to understand, what it is about her that makes his heart skip a beat. Even now, sitting so closely that their arms are brushing into each other, Hyunjin feels like he's going crazy. Is it because she doesn't care about him? Because she yelled at him all the time? Because she's the realest girl he ever met? Is it because she's so freaking gorgeous?

Kimmy's head turned around, caught him red handed and he started to cough in surprise. "The hell you lookin at?" She asked, annoyed. He chuckled and crossed his arms "maybe because you're so pretty?" Kimmy stared at him with a blank face, clearly unamused. Hyunjin started laughing and gave up, looking at the other way. Once in a while, he glances at her. They arrived at their bus stop, the arcade is huge and full of light. It's giving a circus vibe and its so cute.