Scene 2 - Dr. Venus' new home

From the opening hook, we are revealed to a much later point in time - February 2064. We cut to the setting of Dr. Venus' newly constructed home, at the same site where her previous house burnt down in the final episode of the series. It is designed identically to the previous one, and exactly where the previous site nearby a running river. We hear some music played from her house (a score previously composed by Barry Gray). The titles appear on the screen, "Introducing Zoonie". The title then fades and then we cut to see the inside of her house, which is designed to her own liking (virtually the same house as she had previously). At her dinner table, Venus is joined by Steve Zodiac, Commander Zero, and Lieutenant Ninety. An extra seat is prepared for Professor Matic, who is in the kitchen fixing a device for Venus. The camera shows the furniture of Venus' living room, and we hear the voice of Commander Zero before slowly revealing the dinner tables with our guests in smart outfits for the special evening.

Commander Zero:

You know, Venus, you're new house looks just fine. Just fine. Even if I say so myself. It looks just like your old place.

Dr. Venus:

That's right, Commander Zero. I wanted my new house to be designed just like my old ones, because knowing me if I started changing things around from the old way, I'll never be happy with it.

Steve Zodiac:

It was just unfortunate Venus that it happened to be your house that was in the way of the asteroid that hit Space City.

Dr. Venus:

Well, all's well that ends well, I guess Steve.

Steve Zodiac:

Yeah. Guess so. We've all been looking forward to seeing your new house, Venus. And to try out your cooking again in your new kitchen.

Commander Zero:

You can say that again, Steve. Boy, the smell of that roast sure is delicious.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Say, the meal isn't going to go bad if it's not being cooked in the oven, is it?

Commander Zero:

Don't you know anything about cooking, Lieutenant? Of course it will cook fine as soon as the Professor can get the electrics back on properly.

Steve Zodiac:

The food won't go off. It just means a bit of a delay until dinner is ready.

Dr. Venus:

Matt said it wasn't anything too serious. As soon as he's solved the problem I think the roast will just take an extra twenty minutes until it's ready. That's not too bad though.

Commander Zero:

At least that's all it is.

We cut to the kitchen, and see the advanced cooking equipment inside, designed all in a futuristic white. The stoves, kettle, fridge, microwave, coffee machines, etc are all electrically powered. The sink is a shiny grey, and the oven has been switched off and taken out by the Professor to do some maintenance inside with the roast in its tray still left inside. Various wires are left scattered about the area so the Professor can finish his maintenance. He holds a screwdriver in his hand and carefully concentrates in order to fix the trouble.

Professor Matic:

Hmm. Now, let me see. Yes. A minor loose connection from when I must have been building and modifying the oven seems to have disconnected two wires together. Not a problem at all. Why, these new fangled ovens should be piece of cake to a genius such as, he, he, myself. Just put two and two together and get the dinner going again. The roast inside the oven should still keep its heat for a little while. Better not open it up. Not to let that tootie Lazoon get his hands on my lovely roast tonight. He, he, he, he.

KABOOM! An explosion comes from the kitchen, blowing black smoke onto Matic's nicely dressed suit. His glasses are smudged with soot.

Jumping space fish! What was that?

From behind the oven, smoke pours out from behind as the rather silly Zoonie emerges with more black dust covered over himself. He smiles as he waves his arms up slowly.

Zoonie:

HHHOOWWWDDYYYY FFFOOLLLKKKSSSS!

Professor Matic:

Zoonie! Why you naughty little troublemaker! He, he, he, he, he. You nearly blew us all into outer space!

The guests at dinner hear what's been going on from their table.

Steve Zodiac:

Looks like it might be a little more than twenty minutes for dinner now, Venus.

Dr. Venus:

Sorry, Steve. I should really have him where we can all see him, or put him somewhere secure where he can't cause any mischief.

Steve Zodiac:

As we all know, Lazoons are hardly the most intelligent creatures in the universe. You let him out of our sight, and he gets up to his tricks like in there.

Dr. Venus:

He's never done anyone any harm, but I should still see to it that he's well looked after.

Commander Zero:

Come to think of it, Venus, I can't seem to remember how he became part of the team in the first place.

Dr. Venus:

Can't you, Commander? Zoonie's home planet is Colevio, which we visited almost two years ago. It was when we landed on Colevio in May 2062 that we were able to adopt Zoonie as my pet. We had a report that a spaceship belonging to evil Alpha Doomstorms of Grandos were approaching their Scout ship in the direction of our space. Their ship was on course for Colevio.

Commander Zero:

Yeah. Yeah, I remember now, Venus. Go on.

Dr. Venus:

Well, this is how the rest of the story goes. Our satellites were quick to pick up the vessel at Space City...