Scene 6 - The Catacombs Of Colevio

We see at the top of the craft the three Jetmobiles with Steve, Venus, and the Professor flying up and towards the entrance of the catacombs, leading deeper inside to the planet.

Steve Zodiac:

For all we know, we could be entering deeper into the planet's crust. That means things are going to start warming up for us.

Once entered into the tall and wide catacombs, two ways are possible for the XL5 crew to go, left or right. They notice some tumbled rocks in some areas, with some shining minerals inside the crack, and fallen areas of rock.

Dr. Venus:

These caves could run for miles. They could be anywhere.

Steve Zodiac:

Yeah. But they can't be far. We will try this way.

They head left. The Jetmobiles carefully pass through the unknown terrain.

Professor Matic:

I, err, imagine the stuff inside these rocks and cave-ins must be what the Lazoons eat down here.

Dr. Venus:

How could they have evolved down here? When there's nothing for them down here?

Professor Matic:

I would imagine, like with the formation of the oceans Venus, that some minute cells and bacteria were able to form down here. And what formed evolved into the Lazoon over the generations.

They hear the trickling of water down the path, and some cub sounded noises. It echoes down the path.

Steve Zodiac:

Sounds like we may be about to meet them, Venus.

Professor Matic:

Yeah. We should go in real slow and quiet. Lazoons could easily be frightened by the sound of our Jetmobiles.

They slowly proceed further as the sound of the noises continue to increase. The camera follows the path and around a corner until we are revealed to a cub of tiny little Lazoons around their big mummy. The mother protects her babies well and looks up to us when the camera reveals them. The oldest and biggest one of the babies sits beside his mother and looks up to the arrivals as his mother does. A stream of trickling water runs in the wall where the mother hydrates her children. Steve, Venus, and Matic arrive to meet the Lazoons.

Dr. Venus:

Steve! Look, it's a mother Lazoon. With her babies.

Steve Zodiac:

And look, she's moulting her babies. And feeding them with the water.

The mother and the baby seem fine around the spacemen, knowing that they are safe and that they are not a threat to them. The three spacemen get off their jetmobiles and approach a little closer.

Professor Matic:

Yeah. And they're rather cute too. As you said Venus.

The bigger child gets up and stomps up to Venus. She stands still.

Steve Zodiac:

Venus, stand still. He might start jumping up at you.

Dr. Venus:

It's ok, Steve. Lazoons are very friendly and playful creatures.

This Lazoon likes Venus' blonde hair and starts to jump up and touch it, making friendly happy noises.

Steve Zodiac:

He sure seems to like you, Venus.

Zoonie likes playing and being tickled by Venus, which she enjoys too.

Dr. Venus:

Yes. Yes, you are a very cute little Lazoon aren't you? What should we call, Lazoon? Zoom? Zoomie? How about... Zoonie!

A sinister voice calls from behind.

Raxoz:

That is enough playtime with the Lazoon, Earthwoman!

The two Alpha Doomheads stand at the corner with their armed guns pointed at Steve and his friends. The mother protects her babies around her. Zoonie scurries back behind his mother, defending him also. Steve and his friends turn about behind them, taken by surprise by the aliens from behind.

Steve Zodiac:

The Alpha Doomheads I presume?

Raxoz:

Indeed, Steve Zodiac. We are the Alpha Doomheads from the planet Grandos, or in your calculated Earth terms, Planet 78. I am Raxoz the Undefeated. Harvester Of The Ten Galaxies, Commander of Grandos' Battle And Glory, and the Forefront of Havoc and Conquest. This is my assistant, Crest. Our Scout mission has been a perfect success. This world and this part of the universe are perfect for our dreams of the program.

Steve Zodiac:

You're a reconnaissance Scout brigade. Sent out to observe and collect the data you need for part of your sacred program?

Raxoz:

Correct, Earthman. We are pleased, at last, that we meet at last face to face after we believed we destroyed you. Your humanoid appearance is as we must personally say a rather ridiculous and inappropriate form. We, the Grandosians, are masterly superior in every way.

Crest:

For twelve centuries Earthmen, we have been leading and conquering our sector of the galaxy. But now, we have come to colonise this part of the universe, including your Earth.

Steve Zodiac:

You're crazy!

Raxoz:

Not crazy, Steve Zodiac. Merely exploiting the purposes and positions of all life that exists in our universe.

Crest:

The landing on Colevio is an excellent subject for us. It shall not only be the bridgehead to our swarming across the rest of our galaxy to yours, or as a focal point to control our operations, but to use the dim-witted services of the simple Lazoons. They shall be used as our slaves and will obey our commands.

The Lazoons squeal.

Dr. Venus:

You leave the Lazoons alone. They haven't done any harm to you.

Raxoz:

Oh they will obey us, as will you Earthmen. There is no doubt about that.

Crest:

You see, the Alpha Doomheads do not waste the services of all beings in the galaxy. Because of the stupidity of these animals, we believe that by turning the Lazoons into our slaves for our services, their mindless existences shall be put to good use.

Raxoz:

We are being humane, Earthmen. We do not want to be rid of them like so many other species desire. We offer them help. A way to free themselves to become something far greater than to live like simple savage beasts living in the ground.

Steve Zodiac:

And by torturing and enslaving them you believe that is better?

Crest:

Absolutely, Earthmen! Absolutely!

Professor Matic:

But how do you think you can control the Lazoons? How will you communicate with them and get you to understand them?

Raxoz:

To ensure the survival of its species, any form of life will submit to whatever means necessary. Your usefulness will also be put to good use when you wake.

The two Alpha Doomheads fire their weapons at Steve, Venus, and Matic, stunning them all. DDDDZZZZZ!!!! The same form of ray from their ship fires from their guns at their targets. They then shoot at the Lazoons in sight, stunning them and making them unconscious. DDDZZZZ!!!! We then hear both aliens cackle before the picture fades to blackness...