Chapter 5

The next morning I actually wake up five minutes before me and Purna planned.

Wow. That's a first. I slip out of bed and start getting ready. Five minutes later I wake up Purna. Fifteen minutes later we're ready to go. Well, except for breakfast. We wait patiently (sort of) for the woman to bring us food. We are happy to find that when she does arrive, she comes bearing waffles.

"Waffles!" Purna gasps as we open the door to find the nice lady. She smiles and hands Purna the plate, who takes it eagerly.

"Thanks." I say to the woman, closing the door behind her. We eat and get downstairs.

7:58. Perfect.

I look around and see that just about everyone is down here and Fulgur is standing by the door, watching everybody with a smile. Purna starts walking over to him and I scramble after her.

"Hey Fulgur!" Purna greets the short man happily.

He beams at her, "Hey Purna, Blitz!"

I look around at all the people, "Are you going to teach all of us?"

Fulgur shakes his head, "Oh no! No way I could! I'm just teaching the same kids that went on tour with me."

I sigh in relief as the boys from yesterday arrive. For the first time I get a good look at them. One of the boys has long blonde hair and a big blue eyes, the other one has short black hair and a mole on his nose while the last one has brown hair and freckles.

The girl from yesterday arrives and I look over her too. She is short with pointy ears and a grumpy gaze. For some weird reason she reminds me of an elf.

"Are we all here?" Fulgur asks as Elf Girl comes to stand to the left of Blonde Boy.

We all nod and he leads us back into the same hover-car as yesterday. Freckles climbs in first, the Blonde Boy, then Purna, and then me, then Mole, then Elf Girl. The minute we're all in, the car moves forward smoothly. We don't speak until we reach the Training Dome.

"Alright! Lets go!" Fulgur says, opening the door and sliding out. We follow him as he walks right up to the tall men standing on either side of the doors.

"Hello, good fellows! We're here to get some training!" Fulgur says up to them. They glance at each other and nod before pressing a button. Someone behind me gasps as the doors open up automatically and the field comes into view. It is, quite simply, a giant field. As we file inside, I notice white lines in the grass.

"What's this?" I call up to Fulgur curiously, pointing at the line. He appears at my side. "Oh! That's the borderlines. Each training group has a different area that they stay in to train so they do not disturb the others. We will be training beside Tegese's group."

He turns and continues to walk to our area. I am about to follow when suddenly someone behind me pushes me to the ground. I fall hard and scratch my hands on the ground, letting out a shout of surprise.

"Look guys, a worm fascinated by dirt!" A voice sneers behind me.

Worm. The name the other elementalists have for earth elementalists.

To be fair, we call them eels, but never to their faces.

I turn to see a boy with spiky yellow hair, a lip ring, and bangles sneering at me, three boys with similar looks behind him, snickering. I stand up and brush the dirt off my pants.

"Where's your dirt? I thought you live in it!" The boy says, his arms folded, his lip curled.

His friends laugh again and one of them mutters loud enough for me to hear, "Good one Zhen."