Friend

And just like that it was the next day. By the time Ash reached school Haloween felt like it had been years ago. But her thoughts were still swarming about that night, her relationship with the boys, Will's episode, the sound, the shadow monster, there were just way too many things to think about.

"Sooo..." Erin sidled up beside her, then lunged, wrapping her arms around her tightly. "How'd your big night go? Did you claim any more victims as friends?"

"I'm pretty sure I won over the toughest one!" She replied happily, patting her friend's perfectly curled brown locks.

"You're joking. That's awesome!"

Ash laughed, but noticed she wasn't really happy. After spending basically a whole day with the boys who she felt she could be herself around, hanging out with Erin felt... fake almost. Ash constantly had to monitor herself, to make sure she said the right things and did the right things, none of which she had to do the night before.

"And how was your special night?" She asked teasingly, deciding to ignore the feeling.

Erin shrugged. "He's cute, but I didn't feel any spark. And he kept making these lame pickup lines. One time, never doing it again."

"That's too bad."

"Meh, I don't really care."

"Oh."

The bell rang through the halls and they started off towards their next class together, yet another question added to Ash's mind:

Am I even happy with my normal life?