Chapter 57 - Forbidden Forest

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Disencan and Severus agreed to look after Maggie and little Sev early one morning while Harriet went with Ingrid to retrieve the Resurrection Stone.

Harriet had intended to use a Portkey, but Ingrid guided them to the castle using a means of magical travel from ancient times that was not quite apparition but not quite teleportation either.

As they arrived on the hillside of Hogsmeade, Harriet dusted herself off and led Ingrid towards the Forbidden Forest.

"Don't worry." Harriet nodded at her husband's ancestor, "We don't need to go inside the castle or anything, we'll just have to look through the woods."

"There are trees all around us." Ingrid remarked as she looked at the vast area of land covered in foliage as they walked along.

"Yes, but I dropped the stone at a specific spot in the Forbidden Forest. We'll start there first." Harriet nodded.

Ingrid thoughtfully mused as they approached the leftmost edge of the forest and walked between the trees, "Rain, wind, animals.....all these things can move the dirt, the earth, plants, and stones, wife of my son's son.....How are we to know if the stone we seek is there or not?"

"Trust me..." Harriet said as she cautiously took one slow, careful step after another, ".....I'll know it when I see it."

Ingrid frowned as she watched Harriet move ahead, "We will never reach our destination if you move so slowly."

"Sorry!" Harriet called over her shoulder, "I'm not sure if you're familiar with Hogwarts or not, but the forest next to it that we're in now is quite dangerous! There's centaurs and acromantulas and-"

Harriet continued her list as Ingrid increased the strides of her tall legs to bypass Harriet and charge boldly ahead.

"Hey!" Harriet called, "Wait! You can't go that fast! You'll run into something!"

"Tell me the way, wife of my son's son!" Ingrid shouted back, "And I will have us there in half the time!"

As Harriet hurried to keep up, she noticed that her entire shoe fit comfortably in one of Ingrid's massive footprints.

Harriet contented herself by calling out directions as she used the generous offer from the ancient witch to move them along a bit faster.

She knew that she wouldn't have more than an hour or two and it would be time to nurse Little Sev again, the increasing heaviness of her breasts reminded her of that.

Ingrid ushered them along with great speed, though neither she nor Harriet noticed the subtle vibrations in the earth that rumbled under their feet as the approaching centaurs galloped towards them.

The forest guardians could sense the ache in Ingrid's broken heart.

Her pain called to the furious creatures as much as the sweet promise of Harriet's waiting milk.

—————————————————————-

Back at the Snapes' cottage, Disencan did everything he could to aid Severus with the house and children that morning.

Severus had gone to bed the night before with all the confidence of any proud father as he held Harriet in his arms and assured her that it would be nothing to watch over their little ones for an hour or two.

However, the next morning, after Harriet and Ingrid had departed, Maggie had woken from her sleep, screaming in terror at the nightmare she had experienced during her sleep.