Diagnosis

How did he get here? How did Dust get to this point... on a bed, falling down, with the chance of being forgotten due to the resets. Oh right, he had run out of determination. The Soul Degradation that he'd suffered from since he was a boy was killing him. He'd had three days left to do what he wanted and he'd chose... to apologize. Say goodbye. He didn't deserve their forgiveness for what he'd done. He didn't deserve anything, but he had wanted to try. Were they here with him in his dying moments? Heh. Probably not.

⏳️⏳️⏳️

Three Days Ago

"i'm good, just leave me the fuck alone." Dust growled at the the other two. They exchanged glances. "are you... going rouge? it was a direct order from nightmare." Dust grumbled and looked tiredly at the other two. "it was? damn." He got up with a quiet and pained groan. Stars, his soul hurt. "let's go then.." He grumbled, pushing past the other two. "hey, you ok man...?" Horror asked. "the fuck wouldn't i be?" Dust glared at Horror and walked out to complete their mission.

⏳️⏳️⏳️

Dust collapsed into his bed and summoned his soul. It was grey and riddled with cracks. It didn't look like much of a soul anymore with the chunks that had broken off and dusted. That was what Soul Degradation did. It mainly affected younger children and had no known cure, but with the determination that Dr. Gaster had pumped into Dust, the Degradation had slowed and he ended up surviving to be an adult. But... "you're running out of determination. my guess is maybe... three days?" Dust glanced over at Reaper. "i know.." Dust sat up shakily. "figures i'd go out this way. what i get for playing with the timelines." Reaper hummed. "what are you going to do with your remaining time? if you want to go home, i can let nightmare know you're not coming back." Dust flinched. "i don't wanna- oh wait... i'm already dying. fuck it. take me home." Reaper jolted. "wait, really?" Dust started coughing harshly, magic coming up. "f-fuck.. i gotta be honest. i can't keep up with the other two. if i can't continue doing the thing i live for, i might as well go home to dusttale." Reaper contemplated his answer... and condition. "that's... a wise choice."