After the Fall

An axe slammed into some innocent monster, making them quickly fall away to dust. Horror pulled his axe from the pile, looking over to see Killer finish off the last of their targets. Cross, the new guy, was having the overwritten kill each other off. "it's not the same." Horror growled as they looked to Cross. "he isn't dust." Killer sighed as he tucked away his knife. "i know. but the boss said to give him a chance." The starving Skeleton propped his axe on a tree, pulling something out of his pocket. He and Killer had both been allowed a vial of Dust's dust, the last remnants of their old friend. Nightmare hadn't cared and merely got a replacement for the dead guy, Cross. Cross had been trying to fit in, but he knew he'd never replace this Dust guy, and never expected himself to. It made things hard on the Murder Time Duo when Nightmare expected them to just accept Cross like they would Dust.

⌛️⌛️⌛️

Alphys and Undyne were cleaning the Lab when Alphys noticed the misplaced bucket, washed of whatever was in it. The room itself gave her a strange and unknown sense of sadness that had her tearing up. "Why do I feel like someone died in here?" Undyne asked, glancing wearily at an empty gurney. Alphys shrugged, unsure herself. "I-I don't know. I-I'm positive that anyone I treated in here survived.." Undyne sighed and wiped away her girlfriends tears. "Let's get out of here, this room is already clean anyway."

⌛️⌛️⌛️

Papyrus did puzzles with the human. They'd both had fun and though they seemed a bit strange, they seemed like a good person. Pap figured that he and the human could get along well, maybe even become friends! It was hard not having anyone, after all.. Papyrus went home until his next encounter with the human, flinging the door open to an empty and dark house. His smile faltered a little as he flicked on the light switch and closed the door. He made himself some pasta, with Mettaton playing in the background and read for a little while before bed. After he changed into his pajamas, brushed his teeth, and read himself his fluffy bunny story... or tried to anyway. Halfway through the second page he broke down into tears and tugged Sans jacket to his chest.

That is the end of my first (and likely last) sad story. Have a good morning/afternoon/night.

-Kyran