Day 1 Afternoon

Everyone was frozen as if time had stopped. Then Undyne laughed, Alphys joining her, but there was no mistaking nervousness in her voice. They thought Dust was joking. "That's pretty screwed up man. Is that what you dream about, because damn." Dust was about to reply, but a coughing fit hit him full force to the point where her was throwing up again. Alphys was quick to get him a bucket to which he clutched tightly to as he retched and coughed. Damn, he was fucking exhausted. "you wish it was a dream.." He panted tiredly as he looked up at them with hazy eye sockets. "i'm going to tell you a story, every bit of it is true. whether you actually believe me or not is up to you though." He forced himself into a sitting position so he wouldn't pass out, there was no garentee that it would keep him from doing so, but it was the only option he could think of. "let's start with the first time the human fell down, yeah, that's where it begins.." Dust muttered to himself.

⏳️⏳️⏳️

"once upon a time, a human fell down into a world were magic and monsters existed. this human, a mere child maybe nine or so years old had an amazing power. they could reset time back to when they first fell." Dust paused to push down the burning pain in his soul. Alphys ended up giving him a shot of morphine to help. "this human didn't know of their abilities at the time, worked to befriend every monster. but one monster refused to be their friend." Dust pointed at Undyne. "and killed them for their soul. they refused though, and reset back to before you met. they were amazed and continued to use the power of reset every time they died until they befriended every monster in the underground and broke the barrier. everyone was so happy! but... then they reset and trapped everyone underground again. they went through, befriending everyone again. they couldn't remember what happened. none of them but one little skeleton who was very confused. me." Dust coughed some more. "they continued to do this over and over. absolute power corrupts absolutely. eventually they changed their little game from befriending everyone to murdering them. it's not like anyone remembered anyway. only i did, and i tried everything i could to stop them."

⏳️⏳️⏳️

Dust closed his sockets, wanting nothing more than to fall back and sleep, but he was determined to finish this story through. "genocide after genocide the i grew desperate to stop them once and for all. i became obsessed with it, and was driven insane. the determination that remained in my soul burned with the desire to take their power and i became corrupt myself. it became a race on who could kill more monsters and obtain reset first. i reget it now that i'm dying, go fucking figure, but at the time i didn't care. by the time i'd obtained reset and killed the kid, i was so insane i thought papyrus was still with me, a phantom whispering in my ear and guiding me. i did not want to reset again. bring them back. bring you back." Dust retched into the bucket again. Fuck. He was starting to lose consciousness again, wasn't he? "i killed others.... i killed aus..." Dust fell back, purple tears filling his sockets and streaming down his face. "i-i'm sorry.... i'm so sorry..... i'm so....... fucking......... sorry, i'm a horrible monster..." Dust continued to apologize incoherently as he slipped into unconsciousness, leaving the group to think on his little story.