Final Day

Dust was struggling to stay conscious and lucid. He knew that at any given moment in time, he would fall down. This was it. The end. "i can't believe he's really dying. nightmare's going to be pissed about this." This happened to be one of those increasingly rare moments where he was both conscious AND lucid. Dust turned to his old teammates. "I can..... here ya..... ya know..." He rasped quietly. He wasn't even sure he could make his voice any louder. "so he speaks." Horror picked at his skull. "when reaper told nightmare, he wanted us to confirm it. so here we are." Killer informed Dust. ".... great. now...... you know..... leave...." Horror slid down onto the floor and crossed his legs. "nope. believe it or not you're my best friend despite your nasty attitude." Dammit, Dust was losing his focus. "oh.." Was all he could really manage before his thoughts became muddled. "we lost him." Killer had noticed immediately. "i miss..... spaghetti....... spaghetti come..... back........ want you........ spaghetti... hm...." If they hadn't known better, they probably would have found that funny. "i will inform dusttale that we will be staying until he dusts." Killer left the room.

⏳️⏳️⏳️

The last time he was lucid and conscious, they were all there. Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Horror, Killer, even the brat. He really only had one thing to say to them and he was going to say it now. ".... i....... hate.......... you....." They all turned to Dust as he glared tiredly at Frisk. "... I hate you too, Comedian." They replied. With that out of the way, Dust looked at his bro. "i..... i don't........ have......... much time........... left." He could feel himself fading. He hated it. Phantom was already crying. He also hated that. "I know brother... I know.." He sniffled and tried to clear his tears, only for more to take their place. "'m s-sorry......... i shoulda......... spent more....... time........... with................. you........." Phantom grabbed his hand. "It's ok, Sans, It's going to be ok.." Undyne patted Phantom's back. "This is goodbye punk, stay outta trouble wherever the hell you're going." Dust knew the answer to that but decided not to speak up. "Y-you should sleep... i-it will make falling down e-easier on e-everyone.." Dust rolled his eyelights. Sleep did sound tempting. "kill with ya in the next life, buddy." Horror inclined his head. "you'll be missed." Killer joined Horror's action. "good.........bye......."

⏳️⏳️⏳️

That's how Dust came to be here, on a bed, falling down, with the chance of being forgotten due to the resets. Did they stay for the end of his existence? He had no idea. At least he got to say goodbye though. He didn't know if he'd been forgiven either. He could only hope so.

1 chapter left