Day 2 Afternoon

Frisk ended up helping Dust along to his other station as they talked, mostly about him dying. Dust was wheezing painfully when he finally flopped onto the ground where he would typically shortcut his station to. Frisk set the bucket beside him. "This is pathetic looking, I'm actually starting to pity you." Dust gave them a shakey finger. "i.... don'........ n-need.... your....... pity..." He panted as they snickered. "Oh well then, I was trying to be nice. Your brother might be dead by tomorrow. It really depends on how generous I'm feeling." They shrugged and walked off back towards Snowdin as Dust glared at them with exhaustion. It wasn't to long after that before he lapsed out of consciousness yet again. When he woke up, he felt sick from the motion he was in. Wait motion? "undyne.... put me...... down.." The fish huffed. "No way, if you can't even stay awake to do your fucking job, you're going back to the lab." She grumbled. "... the human is in snowdin." Undyne paused her stride for only a second. "Did you kill it?"
"can't. hurts to use magic." Dust internally groaned. The kid was right. He was fucking pathetic. "I'll take care of it, you stay put at the lab."

⏳️⏳️⏳️

Sans couldn't tell if Undyne forgave him or not as they ferried to Hotland. He supposed she was still on the fence? That sorta made sense. She hated humans and they killed everyone MULTIPLE times... but so did he. He killed many monsters from many aus. Not they knew the specifics of that. Alphys squeaked when Undyne brought him back. "Y-you found him.."
"He was trying to work... I think? That's what Papyrus said." Dust was already slipping again. "m-makes.... him....... happy......." He grumbled as he went limp yet again. Dust was a mess, waking up yet again. He emptied his nonexistent insides into a bucket before trying to find his way out of the lab. He wasn't all there though, he knew he wasn't. His thoughts were patchy and muddled. Which way was out again?

⏳️⏳️⏳️

"I d-fon't know w-what to th-think. There's clearly d-determination in his s-soul, b-but I don't kn-now how that's possible without him d-dying... i-it could but what drove h-him to th-the lengths he d-did.." A dinosaur/lizard thing asked was saying as Dust followed their conversation hazily. "If the story is true. I mean... time travel..?" The fish was skeptical. Dust was just confused. "I-I don't... I don't know if it's true or not, b-but Papyrus seems to believe him and h-he really is dying. T-the determination levels from y-yesterday are s-significantly higher th-than the samples f-from today." Dust couldn't hold himself up anymore and slid down against the wall. His skull thumped against the wall as he leaned back, drawing the girls attention. "Again Sans, really?" Undyne crossed the room, picking the small Skeleton up as he protested weakly. "noo... i gotta, i gotta..."
"What? What could you possibly have to do?" Undyne scolded as if Dust were a child. If he was a bit more there, he probably would've been pissed. "i don't know, but i gotta do something." He whispered. Undyne sighed and laid him down again. "The best thing you can do right now is rest, for Papyrus sake." She tucked him in as he grumbled and left him to fight against the burrito she turned him into. The burrito won as he wore himself out.

2 chapters left