twelve

Nicks pov:

me and y/n were laying in a feild watching the sunset on a blanket, she was wearing my jacket over her long flowered dress, her hair blew in the wind, revealing her face showing every beautiful detail. Her skin was glowing from the golden sun slowly going down. i couldnt keep my eyes off of her.

she looked over to me and gave me a small smile, i smiled back not being able to resist. she brought her hand up to my cheek gently caressing it, i held her hand and gently planted a kiss on the back of her hand making her giggle.

i was about to say it, it was at the tip of my tongue.

i opened my mouth but nothing came out, i looked down regretting even trying to say something.

"hey, whats wrong nick?" she asked

i lifted my head up, i felt a lump in my throat like i could break out into tears.

"i just.." i began to say

she raised her eyebrows concerned

"nick..whats wrong?" she asked putting her hand on mind

I looked her right in the eyes.

"i love you" i said

she smiled, and was about to say something, until.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

my alarm went off, i sat up waking up realising it was all a dream. i flopped back down on my bed, wishing my dream could become reality.

she's the only girl i've ever wanted to say i love you to.

i have to say it or i'll explode. i have to make it perfect.

i was sitting there at our desks, i was early so y/n hasnt come in yet.

my leg was bouncing, this feels like before we were dating when i just had a crush on her.

"hey!" y/n said sitting down interrupting me from my thoughts

"Hi" i replied smiling

"how did you sleep?" she asked

i remembered the dream

"great" i replied enthusiastically

"good" she replied

she was drawing in her notebook and i watched as she bit her lip, she does that when she's really focused. Her eyelashes fluttered as she blinked it was mesmerizing.

she looked up and realized i was staring

"cant get enough of me can you?" she asked jokingly

i blushed and grinned

she smiled and was about to look back down at her drawing

"hey um.." i began to say "would you like to come over after school?" i asked

"yeah, my moms working late so she wont mind" she replied

"okay..cool" i said awkwardly

"weirdo" she said looking back down

today, today i am going to tell her.

she was eating lunch with her friends today so i had time to myself to prepare, god why is this so hard? its just a few words...that mean almost everything. that could probably ruin our relationship if it went wrong. shut up nick shut up. dude calm down.

i was on my way to my next class after lunch ended, my phone buzzed and i quickly picked it up hoping it was y/n.

it was.