Chapter 4: Learning to walk again

Dipper.

ELOO LV LQ WKH GHWDLOV

I stood at the shore wading into the crashing waves. Before me was an endless and unforgiving ocean, and behind me was a cruel flesh-eating jungle.

No matter which way I went, death awaited me.

Waves crashed around among the rocks and small fish swam around my feet.

Then I saw her. A blond woman standing in the waves just a few feet ahead of me. The woman starred off into the distance with her bare naked back facing me. Her long blond hair flowed in the breeze.

I stood there for a moment in silence.

I took a couple steps toward the naked blond woman.

"P... Pacifica?" I said.

Pacifica turned to face me and I gasped.

Pacifica's eyes were gone, hallowed out. With nothing but gaping bloody holes in their place. Blood oozed down her cheeks. Yet somehow, she could still see me.

"You didn't save me Dipper." Pacifica said. "Why didn't you save me."

"GAH!" I woke up with a scream.

It was just a dream. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was lying on the floor of the outpost. Mabel slept on my chest her arms wrapped around me like a big teddy bear.

She still had her clothes on. This isn't Game of Thrones.

Wendy slept beside me. Her sunburned skin radiated a small amount of heat, which honestly felt nice in the cool night air.

Moonlight shined in through the window. I assumed it was probably midnight. Hard to tell out here with no clocks or phones.

I drifted back to sleep.

...

Mabel

6 Years ago,

Gravity Falls.

Me, Dipper and that cute new guy Lincoln walked deeper into the woods of Gravity Falls.

"So he turned out to be a bunch of gnomes?" Lincoln said.

"Yeah. It was like, super crazy." I said. "You... probably don't believe me though."

"Well... I did fight a dragon once." Lincoln said.

"A dragon? Wow, that is so cool." I said, pretending to sound interested. To tell you the truth, Lincoln's claim kind of pissed me off a bit. Something about his story felt like he was making fun of mine. Like that he thought my story was so crazy he had to make up an even crazier story.

"Yeah, she was being mind controlled by this evil witch, Morag." Lincoln continued.

"So, dragons and a witch." I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Actually, it was only one dragon." Lincoln said. "See my family was on this vacation to Scotland. Which is where my ancestors are from."

"Are you making fun of me?" I asked.

"What? No, why would you think that?" Lincoln said.

"I tell you a crazy story about gnomes, so you tell me this even crazier story about dragons and witches." I said.

"No this really happened to me!" Lincoln said, with a strong sense of sincerity in his voice.

And now I feel like a piece of shit.