Chapter Fifteen

Aaliyah POV

Today was the day of the big event that I would be attending with Michael. I still had not found anything to wear, but I figured I could pull something out of my closet or use Roxy and Micha's closets. I had so much to get done this morning. First I needed to get my hair done, then my nails and feet, and finally pick out an outfit. I had my hair appointment first so I hopped in the shower then got dressed. I walked downstairs to find Michael cooking. I snuck up behind him and hugged him.

"Good Morning baby" he said.

"Morning what you making me?" I asked.

"Not a damn thing" He said then laughed.

I pushed him then went to the refrigerator to grab some juice.

"Where you going looking all sexy?" he asked.

"Please I look like who did, what for, and please don't do it no more. I am going to the hair and nail salon" I said.

"You look beautiful and okay have fun" he said.

"Thanks baby" I said.

I don't know what he meant by I looked beautiful. I was wearing white distressed jeans, denim button down shirt, and a burgundy hat to hide my undone hair. I paired it with my Marc Jacob lock earring, burgundy Chanel purse, and black chain Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. I grabbed my keys and phone and left for the salon. Once I got there I was seated right away.

"So what you getting today girl?" My stylist asked.

"I have a really fancy event to go to so I was thinking maybe a up-do" I said.

"Oh I have the perfect style you just relax"

I spent two hours in the salon and I was pleased with the results. My hair stylist curled my hair then pinned the curls up and left me with a bang that slightly covered my eye. Next I headed to the nail shop to meet the girls. They girls convinced me to get a beautiful navy blue on my nails with a gold design. Once we left the salon we headed to my house to find something to wear.

"Okay yall show me what yall brought for me. Micha I think your stuff might be too long" I said.

"Yeah everything I brought is short because I knew my long dresses would look crazy in you" Micha said.

"Well I have something I think you would really like" said Roxy.

She went downstairs and came back up with a black bag and inside it had a black box. I opened the box and the dress that I tried on a the show room was folded up in the box.

"Oh my God! you got me the Jason Wu dress!?" I asked.

"No Michael got it for you. I told him how much you loved it and he came to the showroom to pay for it" Roxy said.

I could not come up with the words to describe how happy I was. I was a little upset that Michael paid for my dress after I told him not to but I had to admit I was happy he did. I hurried and tried on the dress and the girls all screamed how beautiful it was. I only had about an hour left so I slipped out of the dress, tied my hair up, and got in the shower. When I got out Roxy did my makeup and Micha touched up a few of my curls. The girls were going through my closet looking for accessories. I went int he closet and pulled a box from the top shelf and pulled out my Alexander McQueen beaded clutch.

"Oh my God! you never told me you bought this damn clutch" Roxy said.

"I never told anyone I kept it hidden for a special occasion" I said.

"That damn clutch is $4,000. Seriously how much do they pay you at the damn magazine" Roxy asked.

"More than you!" I laughed then stuck my tongue out at her. She pushed me and joined in laughing.