Chapter Forty

Aaliyah POV

I woke up and everything that happen last night came flooding back to my brain. I couldn't believe I slept with Michael. I felt so bad and I knew I needed to talk to John and explain to him what happen. I got out of bed and took a shower and I was trying to decided on something to wear. I had to meet with a special client at the store to style them for an awards show. Adam set it up but wouldn't tell me who is was. I finally decided on a denim dress with the sleeves rolled up, a gold and black bracelet, and an all black diamond bracelet, I paired it with by red Gucci bag, and Nude Christian Louboutins. I did light make-up and out my hair in a high ponytail. I decided to go to the store first and then go talk to John. When I walked in the store Adam was in rearranging new merchandise.

"Hey boo" I said.

"Hey Sexy" Adam said.

"Can you tell me who I am styling now?" I asked.

"Nope! But I will tell you that you love him and his music" he said.

"You really get on my nerves, but I have to tell you something" I said.

"Ooh this about to be some good tea I already know" said Adam.

"So I kind of slept with Michael last night" I said.

"No you didn't!" Adam said.

"Yeah it was an accident though one second we were talking and next we were fucking. He's been calling me, but I havent answered because I have no clue what to say" I said.

"Shit I would say when we going again" Adam said.

"I feel terrible though I cheated on John" I said.

"Bitch no you didn't yall have not made a commitment to each other" he said.

"I have been chilling with him heavy though so I feel bad and I know if he was to do that shit to me I would be flipping the fuck out" I said.

Before Adam could answer we heard the door open. We both came from int he back and I was surprised to see Chance The Rapper.

"Omg" I said.

"You must be Aaliyah" Chance said.

"Yes! I love your music so much! I can't believe you are in front of me" I said.

"Thank you well I heard you are a good stylist and I need someone to style me for this awards show I have tomorrow" he said.

"Yes I can do that. So what's your style?" I asked.

"Im pretty much open to anything I like to be more casual but I am also doing a dedication so I need something formal" He said.

"Okay so I am thinking maybe a bomber jacket and we can stitch a three on it then you can do a plain white t-shirt and you rarely go for v-necks i've noticed so I think that would look nice on you. The v-neck won't be too low either and maybe for the bomber we can do and olive green color. How do you feel about grey denim?" I asked.

He smiled and stared at me.

"You came up with all of then in like three seconds" he said.

I laughed and looked at Adam.

"I told you she was good" Adam replied.

Chance stayed for a few hours while we pulled out multiple outfits for him and fitted him for a tux. I talked to him about inspiration for his last album and where he plans to go from her with his music. After he left I decided it was time to go talk to John. I walked over to his store and walked in. As usual it was packed with people and John was behind the counter helping out a costumer.

"Hey can I talk to you when you finished?" I asked.

"Yeah just give a few minutes. You can go to the back and wait in my office if you want" he said.

I walked to the back and checked my phone. I saw I missed three calls from Michael and a text asking to give him a call. I texted him back saying we could meet for lunch. After I sent the text John walked in and kissed me on my cheek before taking a seat.

"What''s up beautiful" he said.

"Um nothing much I kind of need to tell you something that is not good. Last night after my party I slept with my ex. It wasn't planned it was a total mistake and I feel terrible about it" I said.

he was silent for a while then he finally spoke.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" John asked.

"No or yes I want to be honest with you and I guess my honest answer is I don't know. I was with him for a while I even planned on marrying him. I guess I just never got the closure I needed" I said.

"Listen I like you a lot and I really want to be in a relationship with you. I am not gone lie and say I am not fucked up by what you telling me. What I need you to do is end whatever you have going on with him cause I can't be a back up to no one because I would never make you aback up. When you have it all figure then come see me" he said then got up and left.

I felt like pure shit I knew that I was wrong for stringing John along, but I really thought I was over Michael. I now had to figure out what I was going to tell Michael when I had lunch with him.