1

"WOO!!" Felix shouts after the final bell rang. I start laughing as everyone turns to him.

"Come on, let's go hang at my house." I grab his arm and weave our way through the crowd of students leaving.

We get to my house and I notice the house next door was finally sold. "I guess someone really bought it." The house had been for sale for over a year now and I was starting to think I wouldn't get new neighbors.

"Oh really? Hopefully they'll be nice." We get into my house and scoop some ice cream and watch a kdrama's new episode.

The front door opens and my dad steps inside.

"Hey Dan."

"Hey Felix. Are you staying for dinner?" My dad asks casually.

"Oh yeah. You should know by now that I'll always be here for your cooking."

Dad laughs and starts dinner.

"So what do you want to do this summer," Felix asks.

"I don't know. Maybe we could go to the beach or something."

"Yeah that's a good idea." Felix smiles at me.

Oh my god is he blushing?? Felix's cheeks turned bright red. He quickly averts his eyes. Why is he acting so shy?

"Dinner's ready!"

He jumps off the couch and quickly walks over to the table. I sit down next to him and I can tell he's nervous but tries to play it off cool. Why has he been like this?

"Did you see the house was finally sold?" I move my attention to my dad.

"Yeah we did. Do you know who's moving in?"

"I think it's a couple around my age," Dad replies.

"Oh, cool."

"Maybe you'll become friends with them," Felix laughs.

Dad starts laughing with him. Dad is known to be an introvert and avoids social interaction as much as possible. Like father like daughter.

We finish dinner and I walk Felix to the door.

"Have a safe trip home."

"You too," Felix says then turns around and walks away quickly.

OH MY GOD WHAT!! HAHAHAHAHA!! Poor Felix, but why was he so nervous after he messed up? Normally he would've just laughed it off.

I go back inside and take a shower.

I'm trying to fall asleep when my phone buzzes.

Felix
Goodnight

He never texts goodnight. Why is he being extra sweet?

I text back goodnight and fall asleep.