1970

Y/n drove to the Las Vegas airport where she was meeting me, as the car pulled up Liv sat next to her mother, now being nine-almost ten-she was used to going back and forth between us, and having two schools, which wasn't something every child got to do but we worked it out with both schools, but when with her mom though happy there was always an underlying sadness, Y/n got out with Liv, I and Y/n stood across from each other. "Hey, dad." Liv smiled and hugged me after not seeing me for two weeks, I'd loosen up on the one-week-a-month thing after Y/n had finally realized how horrible Pierce is.

"Hey baby girl." That was my nickname for her. "Y/n." I said with a smile looking at her, she wore sunglasses covering her eyes from me, I'm sure if I gotta see beneath them I'd see exhaustion.

"Hey Bucky." She smiled back at me.

I turned to Liv. "How about you get in the jet, I'll be on in a moment." Liv nodded before hugging her mom one last time before getting on the plane, I took her hand in mine, and squeezed it. "How have you been?"

She sighed. "I've been, I don't even know, the only time I'm truly happy right now is when I see Liv or talk to you on the phone."

"Y/n there's a place in california for you after you finish the last show, to let you rest and recover, you can be taken there right after." I told her.

She scoffed. "You think Pierce will let me rest, Bucky, I want you and Liv to come to the last show, and I wanna do our duet." She said softly. "After the show I want to go to Shelbyville, sometimes perform, you know I can't just stop. I love those fans."

I smiled. "I know you do, and we'll be here for that show." I took her face in my hands. "But Y/n, think about going to Californya please." I Begged. "Don't you still wanna Shoot for the Stars?"

"Bucky, I can't Shoot for the Stars anymore, once I'm done with the rose, I wanna go back to Shelbyville for a year and just be at home." She told me.

I sighed. "Just think about it please." I then reached for the sunglasses. "I wanna see your eyes." She let me take them off, her eyes had tears and dark rings around them from barely any sleep. "I Love you." I whispered.

"I will always love you." She replied.

I hugged her."I gotta go but please consider going to california, I want you to get better."

The last week of the Ten-year contract came as did the last performance I and Liv went to every show she did that week. The last song of the week and deal was our duet, as soon as it was over Y/n went to the airport and left for Shelbyville.

We had spent time together, especially at Liv's birthday which was a large event at her house. Liv invited all of her friends from school in Shelbyville, there was everything from bounce houses to a petting zoo, Y/n made it very large and special for Liv.

Now that we could actually see each other a lot more, I did try and convince her to try rehab every now and again, but I didn't wanna try and push her and force her to do it, she'd been forced to do so much that I think that if I did she would push me away and right now Y/n needed all the people she could have in her life.

We both knew that even though we still loved each other very much in a romantic way still we wouldn't get married again to each other, though Y/n hoped, we knew, and eventually, she did start dating a man again, I knew him, I obviously met him a few times, he made her happy while being with him but Steve would tell me that he never saw the same spark that we had when we were together.

Y/n planned that after a year of just being home she did want to perform again, but one morning I made coffee, I had the radio playing the news that cold winter morning when the broadcast got interrupted. "Y/n Y/l/n Died today at the age of 40 because of an apparent accidental drug overdose." They continued to talk about it, but I couldn't hear any sound, the noise became nonexistent at the moment and I felt an agonizing pain in my chest. I headed upstairs, Liv had a sleepover the night before with a bunch of friends, so I walked in and woke her up slightly. "Liv." I said with tears rolling down my face, she looked at me with confusion and asked what was wrong. "I have to go to mom's, um something bad happened."

I wanted to leave right there and then, to go, but we had to wait for the kids to get picked up.

Once they were we headed over, it was a depressing sight, fans stood outside the gate crying, we pulled in, I found Steve and Natasha with their twins with them, standing out front. Peirce came up to us, I looked at him. "What the hell are you fucking doing here, get the fuck off of her property, she wouldn't want you here, you can be blamed for killing her, your the one who started giving her that shit anyways!"

"Barnes-"

I cut him off. "No leave now."

2002

The interviewer nodded."And now after almost thirty-two years you still get emotional about Y/n's death."

I nodded. "I mean yeah she was the love of my life, even if we weren't married for that long, we were always in love."

"And you've never talked about growing up with Y/n, why is that?" She quizzed.

"Because she as an adult chose to have her life in the public and she only glazed over her childhood when she spoke to her fans, I like to think that she wanted to keep that part of her out of the public eye because of how public her life was." I told her.

"And you two only got a year of technical peace with each other and your daughter?" I nodded.

"That was when she told me every secret she could but she ran out of time." I sighed. "I would have learned more if she had a lot longer to live."

"And do you think that if she were alive today she would still be performing even at seventy-two?" The woman asked.

"Yeah she loved her fans like they were a second family, and she always wanted to give everyone the things she couldn't have, you've I'm sure have heard the stories." I told her, and she nodded.

"Something I've wanted to know is, did you not like sharing her with the public?"

"No I didn't but it was what she loved, people were always following us, or around us so I wanted when we were married to have some alone time, but we couldn't." I told her.

"We'll I think that's all the time that we have, thank you so much for coming Mr. Barnes." She told me.

Liv had a vague memory of Y/n now, because of the young age that her mother died at but Y/n still lived with Liv, and I kept her alive by telling stories of her, we turned the house's into a place for fans to see and tour, to get to see the real-life of the person rather than the singer.