III

"Hey this is my partner Alex, their non-binary" James introduced me to his partner, when he said that they were short I didn't think they were shorter than me.
"Hi it's so nice to finally meet you, James has told me about you," I said with a smile on my face, I'm so glad to have met someone who can relate to the same issues as me regarding gender. 

James started telling stories about his friends playing D&D, Alex joined in while I sat and listened. My mind wandered, I wish I had a romantic partner it's been a while since my last one.
"You should play with us this week," Alex told me, grabbing my attention. 
"During academy right? I'd have to tell a teacher that I won't be at barista training, sure, I don't see why not" I said trying my best to remember where the food room was, surprise, I couldn't remember. 
"Cool, met us in the library at one o clock this Friday," James said as the bell rang, he stood up and kissed Alex before leaving to go to class. I can't believe lunch was already over.

I stood and made my way to digital, sighing as I sat down. Cece and Aroha were there before me, I sat next to Cece.
"What did you mean when you said someone has a crush on me?" I asked while grabbing my laptop, Aroha raised an eyebrow and then looked at Cece.
"It's not that year 10, is it?" she asked, my head whipped around to Cece,
"A year 10?? isn't that a bit... icky?" I said. Personally, I wouldn't date anyone with more than a two year age gap, you better believe I counted months too.

"You said you didn't do a two-year age gap, I did the math and he turns 15 next week. He's only a year and a half younger than you" Cece stated, I huffed as I started doing my work
"I don't know, depends what kind of guy he is I guess" I commented while I quickly finished the work.
"God, this class is boring," Cece said, I chuckled in agreement.
"Yeah, but it's easy credits," Aroha said back before turning to me
"Are you coming on the class trip, Chris?" I had to think before I answered
"You mean to the production? fuck yeah! I love everything that goes into a production" I said happily as I rambled on about the technical side of productions. Lights, sound, etc.

The bell rang to signal the end of class, we packed our stuff up and each when our separate ways to our next classes. I had stats last, sadly I had to sit in the year 11 class but it wasn't so bad, no one bothered me. As I walked in I found a seat at the back and quietly got on with my work.
The teacher walked in late, but it was a sub. 
"Right, you all know what you're doing and Chris- who's Chris?" I raised my hand
"Ah you're doing level 2, correct?" I nodded, and the class broke out into chatter,
"Level 2? the fuck?" I sighed, forgetting how immature year 11s could be.
"I'm a year 12, now shut up, I can't focus" I stated as I continued with my work, thankfully everyone was quieter.