IX

Romanic relationships. I originally thought that having a romantic partner would be good, having someone by your side at all times, doing things together and feeling loved and appreciated. At first, I liked it, I was head over heels in love but as time passed something felt wrong about the relationship. Everyone knows the three-month rule, the honeymoon period. It didn't last three months, only two and a half. I quickly realized that I didn't like this relationship so I ended it. A few weeks later I found someone else, who ended up manipulating me to love them. Of course, I didn't know that at the time so that relationship lasted a year before I realized what was going on, the borderline abuse and manipulation made it hard to leave but with the support of family and friends I managed to let them go. I was changing and growing as a person and having a romantic relationship felt like a burden, having to be available for them in case they hurt themself or ran away and put themself in danger. 

Just before I turned seventeen I moved in with a new family after being kicked out of my previous one for being transgender. I'm eighteen now and I love my family to death. I've managed to do some much because of their support and love. I've finished high school, I've started hormone therapy, I got my learner's licence and I've started university. Before going to university Mum and Dad made sure to make it very clear that this wouldn't be like my previous placements, how they sent me away because they didn't want me. No, Mum and Dad were going to miss me and even though I would be staying in student accommodation on campus for the whole year I was always welcome back home. This helped eliminate any fear of abandonment that I had previously struggled with, which I was very grateful for. 

Going to university was scary at first, going to a new city knowing no one and not knowing how to get around. Thankfully I found my room, unpacked and went around meeting people. Before I knew it I realized that everyone saw me as a guy, one of the boys. I was so happy and continued talking to people and started making friends. I made the mistake of having a crush on a straight guy but I figured that since everyone had a crush on him it wasn't that bad, I didn't want a romantic relationship especially not while in university. 

---

A/n
I know it's been a while since I updated so here you go :)