IV

"So Chris, tell us about yourself" Grace prompted as we sat in the art room, I'd made so many new friends and was more than happy to get them all on the same page about me.
"Well I moved from an all-girls boarding school, they kinda kicked me out for being transgender but it's not a huge deal. I was a problem child, still am," I said with a laugh,
"Let's see, well I'm pansexual and genderfluid, I use other labels too so right now I'm transmasc. I use he/him pronouns, I love music, D&D, playing the drums, Minecraft, witchcraft and drama and plan to be a social worker when I leave school and study psychology" I told them all. 

"No wonder you fit in so well with all of us," Alex said with a smile, everyone nodded in agreement as we chatted about anything and everything. I had music after this, then next week was the last week of the school term. The classes were as dull as ever but I still did the work, I'd hate for my parents to yell at me for bad grades. I had gotten really close with my friends, I was really glad that I'd managed to make so many friends in such a short amount of time. But I think I said that already. I am so happy I've got such supportive friends, I wish my parents could be the same. 

My trans friends and I made a list of things we would do once we finished school;
-Transition
-Move out
-Buy things that make us happy 
-Shop in the boy's section at a clothing store.
-Get a Nintendo switch
-Start a band
-Get tattoos
-Get piercings
-Therapy? 
-Write a book
-Start an lgbtq+ safe space cafe

The bell rang to signal the next class, we all continued with our day and later met up again for lunch. We drew pride flag-inspired backgrounds as well as mini pride flags to put up around the school, the next step was to fight for gender-neutral bathrooms at school. I was a little sad when the day ended as I had a reason to enjoy school again but looked forward to the next school day, but when the school holidays got closer and closer the only thing I could feel was dread and despair.