UNDERNEATH

Note: I should have placed the Fantasy Remix by Mariah Carey feat. Old Dirty Bastard. But then, due to some copyright issues I've seen in YouTube.com, I just placed the standard version of the song.

By then, enjoy reading!

-LENA.

Underneath. (A Durmeus fanfic)

Erik was standing underneath the birch tree and stares at nothing. He was so mundane, as how he describes himself. In short, he's a wallflower. No one notices him. And he felt somehow sad for that. It seemed to him that all he have is brains, and no one loved him for being intelligent. Again, that was saddening on his side. But then, he fully embraced it and chose to be invisible from the eyes of other people, to be unnoticed.

Marco, on the other side was a soccer player of the school. He's unlikely with Erik. He has the golden legs since he goal the balls many times. He enjoys the attention of everybody. But then, he feels sad too since the attention of the person he loves wasn't for him.

"Erik, don't just stand there. We have so many classes to catch!" Christoph yelled.

"Yes, I'm coming." He yelled back.

He walked faster with Christoph since they felt like they were late for 20 minutes, which is the total opposite of 20 minutes earlier in class.

Marco was still on the way to the school by his father's car. He always hitch a ride for school.

"Dad, what it's like to be noticed?"

"What do you mean 'to be noticed'?" His dad raised a brow.

"To be noticed by someone you love?"

"Oh, that is the most triumphant feeling ever. It's like you have won the World Cup!"

"But I feel that it won't happen, dad."

"Why is that so, son? Is it because you are receiving too much attention and you think she never wished to be with you?"

"It might be, yes."

"Don't lose hope, son." He tapped his son's back. "By the way, who's the lucky girl?"

"Nope, dad. I like guys."

His dad was silenced by what he told him.

"My son, whoever it is that you like, I have no problem. But at first, that jolted my still sleeping brain."

"Thanks, dad."

"Sure, son."

He rushed to his chemistry class. He was almost late, but he suddenly saw this boy with a pair of eyeglasses. It was Erik. But he likes Mario. He just noticed this guy. And he felt something strange.