Chapter 5: The Final Stretch

The 3 idiots had been laying down on the ground, they had just finished fighting against Apollo, god of the sun.

They had all been tired, obviously because they had used all of their power to unleash the final blow onto the god and send him into space.

They had been panting heavily, but they weren't happy about their victory. They may have won against Apollo, but they had lost something even more important. Something that couldn't be replaced no matter how hard they tried to replace it.

"We won... but, at what cost?"

Jaco said as he raised his hand up to the blue sky, he blocked the sun that had been shining into his eyes. He had a sad expression on his face, he wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He had so many thoughts in his head that it made his head hurt.

"I know... we lost him...but... I can't let that stop me.."

Sam said as she started to stand up, but fell back instantly to the floor.

"No use trying to get up, that fight took everything out of us, even though it was only controlling vector's it wasn't easy moving a god and a star."

Dan said with a tired expression, his eyes were nearly close to shutting and his shirt had been nearly burned off because of the heat of the sun(?) that Apollo had used as his final attack.

"Maybe, we should just... rest for a while... lay here and relax for a little before moving on to the next place..."

Jaco looked at Sam who had been on one knee and panting heavily.

"You were able to get the piece right?"

Sam shot her eyes to the boy and looked down towards the ground once again.

"Yeah..."

She had decided to quit trying to get up and allowed her body to collapse to the ground.

When she did, a small dust blew from underneath her.

They were planning to lay there until they were able to get up, they were going to rest and then get up later on to move into the next piece.

"I really wanted to find all of the pieces together..."

Jaco continued on.

"I wanted all of us to find all of their pieces, not because I care about he stupid weapon, but because I just wanted to have fun, go on an adventure with actual friends. Not only that, I myself was interested in Trel's lost memories as well."

"..."

"..."
The other two people next to him didn't respond, instead they all closed their eyes.

They all had their own separate thoughts about Trel, however, it was cut short.

They heard a loud roar that came from the sky above.

When they opened their eyes, they saw it was a giant snake-like creature. It had no arms, and had a green body with a long lengthening body that looked around 10 meters long. It's head consisted of scales like a dragon and had red hairs that looked similar to a lion.

It's mouth opened up, it saw the 3 of them, it had the full intention of crushing all 3 of them with it's mouth and killing them.

"Damn... I didn't think I would die to a fucking snake creature."

"You're just gonna give up? Like that Dan?"

Jaco spoke up as he slowly started to get up.

"Ah, damn... I'm still aching, but I have no choice but to attack it."