Where You Left Your Heart

Mystic Falls ~ Salvatore Boarding School

In a hallway in the Salvatore Boarding School, Hope and Aaron stand speaking quietly to a Crescent werewolf, Henry, handing him two small vials of her blood. "Hey. You have the money?" Aaron asked. Henry handed them some money. Aaron and Hope exchanged a look. "We're not gonna ask where you got this. Remember, one now, one after." Hope said. Henry nodded. "You sure about this, Henry?" Aaron asked. "Yes." Henry said. "Do us a favor. Be discreet." Hope said before her and Aaron walked away.

A while later, Henry is in the library, after drinking a vial of the blood. He is on the phone. "It's me. Leave a message." A voice said on the other end. "Hey, Lisina. You're gonna get a call later. I just want you to know that there's nothing you could've done." Henry said. Hope is sat in her room, writing. A knock sounds from the door. "Come in." Hope said. The door opens and Dorian appears. "Mr. Williams. What's up?" Hope asked, standing up to greet him. "Mr. Saltzman wants to see you. It's about Henry Benoit." Dorian said.

Hope sighed. "Is, um, Mr. Saltzman calling my mom?" Hope asked. "That, and he thinks your dad should know what you've been up to." Dorian said. "Yeah. Good luck finding him." Hope said. "Pack your bags, Hope. You're going home." Dorian said. Hope takes a seat, looking pleased with the development. In a classroom, a teacher is talking about Egyptian Mythology. "Anubis, also called Anpu, ancient Egyptian god of the dead, represented by a jackal or the figure of a man with the head of a jackal. In the Early Dynastic period and the Old Kingdom, he enjoyed a preeminent position as lord of the dead, but he was later overshadowed by Osiris." The teacher said.

The teacher turned around to reveal Daniel Salvatore. "Your assignment is to write a paper on Anubis and one other God. This will be due in next week." Daniel said. "Got it." Daniel asked. The students all nodded. "All right. Class dismissed. Also, workshop cancelled today." Daniel said as students started to pack away and leave the room. Daniel rubbed the chalk writing off of the board when he heard footsteps. He turned around and saw Alaric stood there. "What is it now?" Daniel asked. "It's Aaron." Alaric said.

Later

Hope and Aaron are sat outside of the office. "Hope looks up to see a boy walking out of a room, in their direction. Aaron rolled his eyes at the boy. Roman. Aaron hated the guy. "Later, dude." Roman said. Roman then walked towards them and stopped when he saw them, but mainly kept his eyes on Hope. "You two going somewhere?" Roman asked. "Home. we, uh, we got suspended." Hope said. Roman chuckled. "Hope Marshall and Aaron Salvatore got suspended? Cool." Roman said. He continued to walk, leaving Hope to stare after him. "I don't like that guy." Aaron said. Hope rolled her eyes at her best friend. Henry then takes the seat beside them.

"Sorry I got you two in trouble." Henry said. "We said "be discreet." What part of jumping out of a tower is discreet?" Aaron asked rhetorically. "I had to make sure it would work. If I only hurt myself, then I would've just healed." Henry said. "Right. 'Cause no one's ever died peacefully from sleeping pills." Hope said. "I'm not a person things go right for. You ever seen a werewolf with no pecs who quotes E. E. Cummings? I can already tell I'm getting stronger. You know how good it will be not to have to take crap from anybody?" Henry asked.

"What? What makes you think that? You're a hybrid now. You may be able to defend yourself, but they'll only hate you for being different. I don't think that you thought this through, Henry." Hope said. "You two wouldn't understand." Henry said. Aaron scoffed. "Oh, really? Us? We wouldn't understand?" Aaron asked. "That's different." Henry whispered. Lots of people didn't know that Aaron was a tribrid. "None of the students know you're Klaus Mikaelson's daughter. And that your a tribrid." Henry whispered.

"I don't know why Lisina told you. We aren't even friends." Hope said. "Your mom's our alpha. All the Crescent Wolves know." Henry said. "And so will everyone at school when they start asking how you survived a swan dive out of the memorial library." Aaron said. "Your dad's not gonna kill me for getting you suspended, is he?" Henry asked Hope. "I wouldn't know. He can't bother to be a dad." Hope said. Aaron discreetly interlocked their pinkies together. It was something they always did to remind each other that they were there for each other.