The Tale of Two Wolves

Mikaelson Compound

It's been a week since Freya and Keelin's wedding. Daniel had been using spells to keep Aaron from dying and to make sure he lived as long as possible. In the compound, him, Elijah and Marcel were having a drink. "It's been a long time since we've shared a drink together." Elijah said. "You're gonna need it." Marcel said. "I take it Davina didn't bring good news." Elijah said. "She, Emma and Freya have been holed up with spell books all week, searching for any last ideas to help Hope and Aaron. They're out of options." Marcel said. "And I've been using spells to help Aaron live as long as possible." Daniel said.

"I don't accept this." Elijah said. "Look, I love those kids. It's because I love them that I am telling you. There is no miracle fix here. Now, Hope might've had a little more time, but she's about to experience her first full moon since she triggered her curse. Every witch that we consulted is sure that she won't survive the night." Marcel said. "And Aaron?" Elijah asked. "It's the same. The spells can only do so much." Daniel said.

"Then we speak with Freya. She will perform a binding spell. That's the solution." Elijah said. "A spell that powerful would only kill her faster.
This is terminal, Elijah. Now we can't keep this a
secret from her any longer." Marcel said. "I've already told Aaron about what's happening to him. I can't hide that from him." Daniel said. In Hope's room, she is asleep with Aaron next to her. The two were spending time together. Aaron had told her about what was happening to him and Hope didn't want to be apart from him. Klaus saw that the black veins had spread to her back.

Klaus eavesdrops on the conversation between Daniel, Elijah and Marcel. "She need to have the chance to say good-bye. And we both know who needs to tell her." Marcel said. "Aaron knows that he doesn't have long. So, he's saying his goodbyes now, just in case we don't find something. I'm not giving up until the last possible second." Daniel said. "Klaus won't accept this." Elijah said. "Make him. She is dying, Elijah. Her and Aaron." Marcel said. Minutes later, Klaus walks out Hope's room and
runs into Elijah in the hallway.

"Niklaus." Elijah said. "Get in the car. You, Daniel and I are taking Hope and Aaron on a little trip." Klaus said. "Are you out of your mind?" Elijah asked. "They can sleep on the drive." Klaus said. Daniel then walked towards them. "I've just called. She's knows we're coming." Daniel said. Klaus nodded. "Surely you heard Marcel." Elijah said. "He doesn't know anything!" Klaus exclaimed and begins to walk away. "Where are we going?" Elijah asked. "Hope and Aaron's school knows how to deal with a werewolf's first transformation. They have a facility." Daniel said.

"Mystic Falls? I take it you have a plan." Elijah said. "I do and while I execute it, I need you two to look after them...look after Hope, to-to make sure she doesn't exert herself." Klaus said. Daniel nodded. "Wouldn't it be better for you to find someone
Hope and Aaron despise a little less than me? Perhaps quite literally anyone else they've ever met." Elijah said. "That's why I'm going with you." Daniel said. Elijah nodded. "How they feel about you is of no consequence. I have until the crest of the full moon to save her life and Aaron's. We've defied the inevitable for a dozen lifetimes. I am not about to surrender to it now. Please, Elijah. You and Daniel are the only ones I trust." Klaus said.

Morning ~ Mystic Falls, Salvatore Boarding School

A group of cheerleaders are tossing hula hoops in the air. "At the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted, we are big on spirit." Caroline's voice over said. Once the cheerleader toss the hula hoops in the air, they explode and turn into fireworks. They weren't just cheerleaders, they were witches too. "Education is our first priority, obviously. We've sent students to the Ivy League, to Silicon Valley. Of course, if you're looking for a more unique course of study, I assure you, we are unmatched." Caroline's voice over said.