The Kindness of Strangers

Chambre de Chasse ~ Mikaelson Compound

Daniel, Klaus and Elijah were still stuck in the Chambre de Chasse. "Every last exit is sealed." Elijah said, entering the room where Klaus and Daniel were. Daniel was looking around for alcohol whilst Klaus was looking out a window. "If you're thinking about jumping, don't. I already tried it. I landed in the world's most pretentious wine cellar." Elijah said. "You sorted it by vintage." Klaus said. Elijah looked confused. "You don't remember, do you? I thought Marcel was intent on retrieving your memories." Klaus said.

"He was. He failed. I still remember absolutely nothing, and Antoinette is dying." Elijah said. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Is she? Right. Yes. I'd forgotten." Klaus said. "What the hell are we doing here? What is this place? This is dangerous, you and I here together." Elijah said. "We're not actually here together, are we? Not physically, at least. It's called a Chambre de Chasse. It's a magical mental prison designed to resemble your home. But don't worry. There's always a way out... A game or a riddle." Daniel said before continuing his search.

"How do we solve this riddle?" Elijah asked. "We don't do anything. We're square, you and I. You got Hayley killed, and Antoinette will die because of me. I would hate to upset that delicate balance. So me and Daniel are gonna find our way out, and you're on your own." Klaus said.

Later

Daniel and Klaus were searching for a way out when they heard a noise. "Who's there? Show yourself!" Klaus called out. "Oh, Nik. Always so dramatic." A voice said. Klaus and Daniel looked behind them and saw Rebekah stood there. "Rebekah." Klaus said. The two hugged before Daniel and Rebekah hugged. Just then, someone fell onto a couch. They looked over and saw Kol stood there. Naked. Daniel looked away. "Bloody hell. My least favorite recurring nightmare." Kol said. A few moments later, Kol left to go put clothing on whilst Rebekah talked to Daniel and Klaus.

"I was in Corsica, drowning my sorrows about Hayley, and I suddenly dropped." Rebekah said. She opened a wine bottle and went to pour some in a glass, only for nothing to come out. "What I wouldn't give to spend just a decade without being dragged into a godforsaken Chambre de Chasse." Rebekah said. Kol then came in, fully clothed. "Suppose you were in a board meeting." Klaus said amused. "I was waiting for my wife to come home from work." Kol said. "That's my sister in law, thank you very much." Daniel said. "Once again, ripped from complete contentment for... this. Suppose I'll ask the obvious: piss off any witches lately?" Kol asked.

"Actually, my current enemies are a group of hatemongers who see myself and my daughter as abominations to the vampire race." Klaus said. "And now Aaron, apparently." Daniel said. He then sighed. "Which means they probably know about me." Daniel said. "The bigoted undead. That's new. They must have a witch-for-hire." Rebekah said. "Who doesn't at this point?" Daniel asked. Rebekah nodded in agreement. "A witch that's spent enough time here to replicate every detail." Kol said. He then looked at the wine bottle Rebekah was opening. "This is Elijah's prized Cheval Blanc." Kol said.

"The culprit may be closer to home." A voice said. They looked over and saw Freya walking into the room. "A witch who knows the compound well and who doesn't trust you to stay away from Elijah. Someone who would risk everything to save New Orleans from plagues." Freya said. "Vincent." Klaus said. "On the bright side, he'd never harm Hope. You, on the other hand, I expect he'll be shipping your bodies to the four corners of the world." Daniel said. "All of our bodies? He isn't here, is he?" Rebekah asked. Elijah then walked in. "He is. I think I might have just found a way out of here." Elijah said.

They walked into the courtyard and saw a door with lots of locks. "This wasn't here before. What is it?" Elijah asked. Daniel shook his head and walked closer. "It's representational magic. I expect there are keys, one for each of us, hidden somewhere meaningful. Somewhere connected to who we are." Daniel said. "And for those of us who don't remember who we are?" Elijah asked. "I'll give Antoinette your regards." Klaus said.