05. {zoomer}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"hello? hello! guys come on! can we come in yet?" max groaned from the side of the door as she thumped her fists against it.

the second the four boys entered the av room, the door locked behind them. felicity and max were stuck on the other side.

"no!" mike shouted back.

felicity sighed, sliding down onto the floor.

"you still wanna be friends with these people?" max scoffed, sitting opposite her.

"i don't know." felicity shrugged. "mimi says everyone deserves a second chance."

"but don't you think something isn't right?" max questioned.

"i know something isn't right." felicity admitted. "they're clearly hiding something. and will? he seems off."

"because of halloween?"

"yeah." she nodded. "but there has to be more to it. his behaviour feels weird. if jammy was around him for one second she'd say-"

"his aura... it doesn't feel right." max mimicked felicity's elder sister.

"exactly!" felicity giggled. "she knows what she feels. she's basically a witch, she's good at that stuff."

"so what do we do?"

"i think we should just see if he's... doing okay." felicity suggested.

"even though they all hate us?" max quizzed.

"they don't all hate us." felicity grinned, "how could they? we just have to get on mike's good side."

"before we do that." max stood up, brushing her jeans. "how badly do you wanna go in there? on a scale from one to ten."

"hmm." felicity thought for a second. "probably a ten."

"perfect." max smiled. "you got a hair pin?"

"i've got loads." she grinned while poofing her hair. "how do you think my hair remains perfect?"

max shrugged. "i never thought about it."

"here." felicity got to her feet and pulled out a black hairpin from her curls.

"thanks." max nodded before she inserted the accessory inside the door's lock. she then jiggled it around, using trial and error to unlock it.

after a few tries, the door clicked open. felicity applauded in delight as max pulled the door open. once she did, a familiar slimy critter escaped.

"what the-"

"oh shit!" dustin swore as he and the party ran out of the room, he ended up falling right on top of max.