phoenix 🔫 beghairaat

WRITTEN BY: beghairaatGENRE: CRIME/SPECULATIVE

GENRE: CRIME/SPECULATIVE

TW: blood, death, robbery, non explicit mentions of sexual activities, profanity, drinking, death, horror, stabbing, a heck ton of shooting and too many illegal activities to count I’m sorry y’all

Please note that this piece is loosely inspired by the webtoon named “Eternal Darling”

Location: Seoul Metropolis Asia Primum Civitatem

Time : 23: 45, YEAR 2056

The city was alive.

A black, worn out sedan raced down the street like a flash of lightning, barely visible. Tyres screeched against the gravel as it left behind the city like a blurry fever dream. There was a riot in paradise on one hand, and yet another night worth rejoicing and cheers for the unfortunate- on the other.

Karina threw her head back, taking no time to rip off the mask she was slowly growing claustrophobic in. She let out a laugh, perhaps as loud as the explosion inside the tunnel they'd just passed. The explosion, music to her ears, paints the vehicle and its inside orange, and she can finally see Minhu's face. It was red, or so she thought. He laughs along, eyes still trained on the streets as the sirens behind them die down little by little.

And Yoo Karina thinks she's fallen in love all over again.

"They won't be getting out of it for a while," Minhu said, looking back over his shoulder again.

Karina mirrored his actions, adrenaline from the night's heist still pumping in her ears. As if she's in one of those movies, the  purple haired female hoisted up her body a little- poking the upper half out of the car window.

"Hey! Karina- what are you doing!" Minhu's tone was glossed with worry, and the smile tugging at the corner of his lover's lips stretched a little more.

Karina closed her eyes and savoured the crisp wind that now kissed her face, the occasional whites, pinks and blues of the streets they're recklessly leaving behind painting her countenance neon. She laughs as loud as she can, and it pierces through the air- breaking the silence of the night like glass. Karina hears Minhu chuckle from the driver's seat. Red plays a game of hide and seek on her cheeks, and Karina was thankful for the fact that she wasn't facing him at the moment.

The moment is cut short when a bullet flies past Karina, barely missing her skull. Modified Hypersonic bullets, model-1837PR, the 24 year-old realises at once as it grazes past her cheek. She was thankful to her former status of an outcast, which was used to much much agonising atrocities. Karina's grip on the quarter window wobbles dangerously at the impact. Hot red liquid that those primus cives call blood trickles down her cheek, but she doesn't feel the toxic stings. at all.