deception 🔫 ramentortoise7

WRITTEN BY: ramentortoise7GENRE: CRIME/SPECULATIVE

GENRE: CRIME/SPECULATIVE

Breaking News

Park Hwajin, daughter of CEO Park Minhee has been found dead!

"I wasn't able to save my daughter in time," Minhee, the infamously rich CEO of international makeup company, Filter Cosmetics, sobbed on our interview, "To whoever did this, you will regret this,"

It is said that Park Hwajin was killed in a hit and run car incident, the suspect is still unknown and... continued on page five

Jungwon flipped to page five, quickly skimming the rest of the article.

Park Minhee will be busy with both preparations for his daughter's funeral as well as his gala for his partnership CEO Kim Seokjin, owner of skincare company, Cloud Spirit Skincare. The gala will precede his daughters funeral by two days, uncancelled even after his tragedy. It is said that for the gala, the two magicians Kim Sunoo and Lee Heeseung will be performing their famous show, Deception.

"Hey, you there, the new one, get into place, we've got work to do!" the chef shouted at Jungwon, who quickly threw the paper into the waste bin.

"Yes sir," He answered and went back to the cutting board.

"Yes, I would like some of that please," Hwayoung said to the waiter, plucking a delicate flute of champagne for the toasts later, from a tray. "We are so grateful,"

"Yes, grateful," Jake smiled and offered his arm to his plus one, leaning in as if to whisper some sort of sordid company secret. "Did you forget your deodorant? Something smells weird,"

Hwayoung laughed, pretending as if the boy had said something especially clever or funny.

"Your breath stinks, get a mint," she hissed as she gave him a "loving" smile, pulling out her phone and checking it for anything to distract her from the extreme boredom of having to smile at people twice your age.

"Too bad," he replied and they sat down at their name cards, waiting for the show to start.

Sunghoon sighed as he swung his legs out the car, straightening his black suit as he stood up. Even through his face mask, the garage smelled horrible. All garages smelled the same, and this one beneath the venue for the gala was no exception. It held the same acrid scent of foul gasses, (though many guests were filthy rich enough to be in ownership of electric cars). The air was stagnant and still, only footsteps and car doors slamming shut the only indication of other humans. Probably guests for the gala, Sunghoon thought as he locked the car with a quick beep!

Looking into the car window reflection, he nodded in satisfaction and made his way out of the little space between his car and the one beside it.

Just as he walked out, he crashed into an approaching person.