Pt.1

Seven years old Jade Lilicai and Ailaka Kurenai first meet after a treaty ending their families' rivalry is made.

~~~

"Hi! I'm Jade, what's your name?" the honey eyed girl asked reaching her hand out to me.

I cowered behind my father's leg before being ushered towards the girl. I turned around wanting to go back to my hiding spot, but he had already left to talk with the girl's father. I sighed shaking the girls hand not answering her question.

"Hmm, do you want to go see my tree house!" the girl asked, not bothered by my quietness. She grabbed my wrist startling me for a second. She dragged me outside, I let her. I looked around as we walked through a forest of tall trees. Jade kept talking. I wasn't listening. Her dark hair glistened in the light. I watched her hair dance in the breeze. "We're here!"

Her tree house was very big. It was around the size of my room. I liked it. Jade talked some more about all the things in her tree house.

 We were on our way back when Jade tripped over a branch and scraped her knee.

"Owwy, ow, ow, ow, it hurts," Jade whined.

I crouched down next to her and put my palms together over her knee producing a soft glow. 

"W-what are you doing?" Jade asked. I brought my hands back standing up. "Woah, you healed me! That was so cool! I love you!" she exclaimed jumping on me in what I assume was supposed to be a hug. We tumbled to the ground. "Will you marry me?"

"W-what?" I asked not sure what to think of this.

"Oh wow, you actually spoke," she said looking at me wide eyed. "Well yeah, my dad said you're supposed to marry someone who you care about and you care about them!"

"That is what I said, but you are to young to get married sweetie," came her dad's voice from behind us. He looked at us highly amused. My dad was standing behind him stifling a laugh.

"I'm going to be eight next month, won't I be old enough then?" Jade questioned.

Her dad chuckled, "No honey, I'm afraid not. C'mon, it's time to head home alright? Say bye to Ailaka."

"Oh, so that's your name, bye Aila!" she grinned happily.

"B-bye," I whispered, waving my hand in case she couldn't hear me. She waved back.