Pt.3

My father had died that day. He was already ill with cancer, it was just a matter of time. It hit me a lot harder than I anticipated though.

~~~

"Aila, are you ok?" Jade asked coming up into the tree house where she knew I was staying. "I heard what happened, you should feel very sad. When my fluffy (her dog) died, I cried for days, but then dad took me to get ice cream and it helped a bit!"

I knew was trying to help, but I just wanted to be alone. 

"Jade, please leave me alone," I whispered.

"B-but, I wanna help," she said sounding hurt.

"I want to be alone," I pleaded.

"No, you shouldn't just lock yourself up her you shoul-"

"Just leave," I said, raising my voice slightly. I never raise my voice though, and Jade knew that.

I cried after she left.

~~~

Maybe if I had just held in my anger, maybe our relationship would be more friendly now.

"Aila, get your ass out of that tree, your gonna make us late," Jade called from down below. "I don't even know why I bother waiting for you. I only do this because my dad makes me okay?" I hear her shout as she becomes impatient. 

As I climb down she starts to walk away. I catch up to her.

"Tomorrow, if your not down before I get there, I'm leaving without you," she huffs.

"Whatever you say your majesty," I say mocking her.

"Shut up."

We get to school and she runs off to her friends and I am once again left alone. I sigh and make my way to first block.