Pt.2

The night after I met Jade a red string formed, tied to my pinky. I saw her again on the first day of second grade and I realized that the other end of the string was connected to her pinky.

~~~

"Aila! Look I got a higher score than you, that means I'm smarter so you have to listen to what I say," Jade announced, as we walked home from school.

We were in fifth grade at this point. This was the only time she had gotten a higher score than me so I just nodded and trailed along with her.

"Hey," Jade said, uncharacteristically quiet.

"Hmm?" I responded.

"Do you know what this red string is?" she asked sounding concerned. "It just appeared today."

Well I guess she can see it now. I nodded in response to her question.

"So, what is it?"

"Nothing to worry about," I responded knowing the answer would only freak her out.

"Oh ok, well anyways, today Jackson told me he liked me and then I made a new friend oh and there was also...," she continued rambling on.

We walked all the way to her house when I saw the officers and Jade's father standing at the door. We walked up, Jade's rambling stopped.

Mr. Kurenai looked up at me, his eyes were curved down in sorry manner, "Aila, I'm so sorry."