Pt.5

"You guys are soulmates?" Jackson asked excitedly.

"What? Where did you even hear that?" I asked.

"I overheard you guys after school..." 

"So you were stalking us," I said.

"No, well sort of. I left afterward though," he said defensively.

"Ugh, whatever."

"You don't seem too happy this morning~," a voice sang behind me.

Great, just who I wanted to see.

"Hi Jesse," Jackson said excitedly. "Jade has a soulmate!"

"My my, is that true?" Jesse asked.

Jesse is Jackson's second removed step brother or something. It's complicated, but Jackson has been crushing on him since forever and they are the most chaotic of friends.

"You will never guess who," Jackson continued,

"Could it possibly be 'I don't like her, but say one thing bad about her and I'll kill you, only I can say bad things about her' hmm~," Jesse asked swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Get off of me. I don't know what you are talking about," I said feeling my cheeks start to grow hot again.

"Who else could it have been," Jesse replied letting out a satisfied sigh.

"I hate you guys," I said.

"You love us," Jackson interjected.

We got to our science class and I collapsed into the seat next to my lab partner, my one and only soul mate, not even wanting to speak to her. Soon we began working on our preliminary research for the experiment we were doing.

"Is there anyway to stop being soulmates?" I asked absentmindedly. 

She paused her reading her dark eyes looking up at me questioningly as her eyelashes brushed together. God she's pretty. I mentally slapped myself causing some senses to come back to me.

"Oh, well not like I want to, I'm just asking," I panicked.

She shrugged and said, "It's pretty simple, you can just cut the string."

"With like scissors?" I asked curiously.

"Mhm, but-," she paused as if contemplating on something. "Yeah, you can cut it with anything as long as your doing it on purpose."

~~~

When I got home, I found a pair of scissors and lifted it to the red string glowing as if mocking me.

"Shut up, she doesn't need someone like me anyways," I hissed at it.

'snip'