sparks

PAIRING: obi-wan kenobi x queen!reader

SUMMARY: Sparks fly when you meet (touch) Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

When your father told you were having guards to accompany you to Coruscant, you completely lost it

"Guards?!" You speak indignantly, dropping your cutlery on the floor. "Father, I will be alright. I can go by myself–"

He silences you with a firm press of his hand on your shoulder, his jaw clenched. "I cannot allow the same mistake to happen again, daughter."

The unspeakable mention of your mother's accidental death flashes through your mind. A younger version of yourself watching an ascending aircraft for the first time with your father right beside you. Your mother had been invited to attend a gala, the first your planet had ever been summoned to such a grand gathering.

Her ship barely ever left your planet when it exploded in violent splashes of red and yellow. It is the last you've ever seen of your mother.

"I understand, father."

"Tell the Jedi that they are permitted by Her Highness the Queen to enter." Turning to him sharply with another burst of fury teetering on the edge of your tongue and simply held back for your father's guests emerges from the doors.

"Your Royal Highnesses. Queen Y/N, King Regent L/N. I am Obi-Wan Kenobi and this is my Padawan Anakin Skywalker." If it weren't for their titles as your bodyguard and for the dignity you must present in front of strangers as Queen of your Planet, you already would've squealed upon seeing such an adorable young child hiding behind his Master's large robe.

He performs a standard bow to greet Royalty, pausing silently to chide his unmoving Padawan.

"Please stand, Master Jedi," You wave a hand, dismissing the lack of conduct, and understanding of the child's naivety.

Your father smiles at you fondly, every bit the rule breaker. "I trust in your capabilities, Master Jedi. Please accept my token of gratitude in preparation for the..."

The Master Jedi follows behind the Kind Regent, as your father drones on and on about the invention of your planet's skilled engineers, leaving a shy boy behind. Titling your head, you smile at him. Young Skywalker mirrors your smile, bowing just as Master Kenobi had done before.

However, he ends up with a broken ankle. That's why you were so adamant on changing the Royal Tradition of greetings. The action itself must be approached delicately, and with Anakin's posture completely off, a mixture of gangly limbs and shaking knees, he tumbles down the floor with a resounding oof!

The sound of your screeching chair alerts the heavily focused men on to your panicking dash, the heavy weight of your headpiece digging in your scalp and the tightly bound corset around your chest restricts your breathing but all you could care about was Anakin's safety and the quiet whimpers escaping his lips.

Obi-Wan himself runs to Anakin, accidentally brushing hands with yours – sparks flying at the contact.

Raising your voice, you command your droids to assess the poor youngling, wincing at the low whines falling from his lips. You distract him, humming a low rendition of your mother's lullaby as you pull his head to sit on your lap, caressing his blond locks.

Obi-Wan stands, still in shock over the electrifying motion he felt at the briefest touch of your skin. The King Regent crosses his arms across his chest, aware of the physical exchange that occurred, beside Master Kenobi's frozen body.

"She'll make a fine mother one day, I'm sure of it," The King Regent comments, an air of nonchalance around him, discarding any proper etiquette as he quotes you, To hell with this nonsense! "Don't you think so, Master Jedi?"

He is unsure why the thought of you birthing children caused his cheeks to flush a heavy shade of red. Obi-Wan answers with a nod, not quite sure how to respond to the King Regent's comment.

Anakin beams at you once the droid heals him of his injuries, wrapping his arms to embrace you in gratitude. You stand up with the boy still in your hands, turning to both your father and the boy's Master.

"I'm all good now, Master!" Anakin assures his Master, another word of basically hinting at Obi-Wan Kenobi to continue his discussion with the King Regent.

"Father, Master Kenobi. You don't mind our departure, no?"

Your father chortles, "Of course not! Show the young Jedi around, while I bore his Master with talks of Security."

You tilt your head at the lack of response on Kenobi's end. "Master Obi-Wan?"

He clears his throat, flushing under your kind gaze. "Anakin, be nice."

The aforementioned boy laughs in delight, "Of course, Master!"

Anakin requests that you put him down from your embrace, stating that he is no longer a child and will not tolerate you acknowledging him as one. Mortified, Obi-Wan sputters but before he could apologize on the impudence of his Padawan, you've already placed him on the floor – your grin for some reason instantly takes his breath away.

"Of course, Ani. May I call you that?"

"Uh-huh! Can I call you Y/N?"

Obi-Wan stills, exasperated and utterly humiliated.

Giggling at Master Kenobi's reaction, you gently poke his nose. "Queen Y/N will suffice, Ani. You wouldn't want your Master to go into cardiac arrest, don't you?"

Anakin deflates, the thought of his Master passing before his very eyes smothering his excitement, "I'm sorry Master Obi-Wan."

The Master Jedi sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "The only thing I ask of you, Anakin, is to behave and address her Majesty the Queen respectfully. Am I understood?"

Anakin straightens his spine, a serious look painted across his boyish features, "May the force be with you, Master."

This elicits an amused chuckle from you. Anakin has neither agreed nor denied Obi-Wan's instructions and has instead, pulled the sleeves of your long crimson gown, excitedly asking about the wonderful designs of your planet's ships.

Before the door completely closes on you and Anakin's retreating figures, you take a look back at Obi-Wan whose nodding along to your father's words yet his eyes are on you, mouthing a quiet thank you for caring about his Padawan.

The trip to Coruscant is bound to be interesting, you surmise.

CROSS POSTED ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN.