holding out for a hero til' the morning light

PAIRING: padawan!obi-wan kenobi x princess!reader

SUMMARY: A Jedi saves you. You end up carrying him back to safety.

NOTES: you guys dont know how im obsessing over this song lmao i can probably squeeze tons of obi-wan one shots from this song along lmao helP

this is basically my version of ep 4 where luke saves leia but it's obi wan and reader, enjoy!

Trust in your guards, they said.

They'll protect you, they stressed.

And yet you've found yourself utterly helpless, hands and feet bound to metal handcuffs in an Outer Rim Planet without the aforementioned guards the Royal Council of your planet had decided upon to the great task of protecting you amidst the many threats against your life.

Huffing with an exaggerated roll of your eyes, you call out to your abductors with a hiss, "Hey! It's cold in here! Can't you give me a blanket?!"

You hear a pair of snickering behind the door, and a moment later the sound of punches being thrown resonates through the silence. The door folds open, and another lackey comes in. Before you can call them out on his sudden appearance, the lackey lifts their helmet off, revealing boyish features and a Padawan braid falling from the metal.

"You're not one of my guards." You point out.

"Certainly not, My lady." The mysterious Padawan admits with a cheeky grin, lighting his saber and with a quick flick of his wrist, severs the metal handcuffs immobilizing your hands and feet. He disrobes the rest of his disguise, revealing his cream Jedi uniform and the distinct appearance of his bare feet. He storms away without a word, perhaps expecting you to follow him, and retraces his steps, poking his head through the doorway, "My lady, we must make haste!"

"I do not know you, Sir Jedi." You argue, settling comfortably on your cold bench, arms crossed. "You could be the enemy for all I know."

He cocks a brow, stepping back inside. "I am Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi under the tutelage of my Master, Qui-Gon Jinn and we are under the direct orders of the council to–"

"Protect me?" You finish for him, noting the quiet growl from his side. "My impertinent guards have failed to do so, how any better are you?"

He narrows his eyes at you for your insolence. "I am a Jedi and have trained all my life with the Force. Have faith in my capabilities, milady."

"Surely, you do not expect me to follow you in that."

Padawan Kenobi follows your gaze upon the skin of his feet. He clears his throat, shielding the redness seeping into his cheek with a defensive shout, "I was busy fighting with the enemies, my lady!"

You find yourself stuck between laughing or chiding him for his negligence over losing his boots. It is the first you've heard of a Jedi missing a pair of shoes and decided to spare him from teasing. After all, he did save you. The sound of explosion tilts the room's axis making you fall directly in the Padawan's arms.

"What was that?!"

He mumbles something about your stubbornness before fully answering your question, "That would be my Master blowing apart this very structure. As I have said before, we must make haste, milady."

You push him away, running through the left side of the hallway, hands busy fixing your dress when Kenobi calls you out, "Wrong way, milady!"

Breathing through your nose and counting down the seconds calms you down enough not to snap on the Padawan. You didn't want him to spread rumors about you that may destroy your reputation as the Princess of your home planet.

"By all means, lead the way, Kenobi," You say through gritted teeth.

The structure once again shakes, and before you fall on your bottom, Kenobi's quick reflexes catch you in a bridal carry.

"I am fully capable of walking, Jedi."

"Why yes, of course, milady. However, we must leave the premises at once. I do not trust my Master to keep this building intact." He yips all of a sudden, throwing his entire body off balance and thus crashing to the floor.

"What's wrong?" You ask, worried.

Obi-Wan Kenobi lifts his right foot, finding a shard of glass piercing the skin. He reaches over to remove the shard, pulling out the material with blood gushing out of his wound.

"This won't do. You cannot walk in this state," He looks up at you, frowning at the smirk dancing across your lips.

"What are you–"

With a huff, you lift him in your arms.

"Milady!" He protests, a red hue taking over his rather pale features.

"Tell me where I should go, Obi-Wan." Sensing your resolution on the matter, he settles down from the embarrassment, sagging in your hold to guide you to safety. You can feel his eyes tracing your features amidst the journey, unable to say anything about this sudden development.

"I was supposed to come and save you," he says quietly, "I have failed my Master."

"And you have. You saved me, Kenobi. You are simply unable to tend to your duties for the meantime. You could not have foreseen the loss of your boots," You tell him and he would have earnestly thanked you, if not for your last comment, "However, can you imagine the tale of a mighty Princess carrying a Jedi to safety? The wonders it would do to boost my planet's reputation in the Senate!"

He rolls his eyes, "My valiant hero, my knight in shining armor."

CROSS POSTED IN ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN